Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Sheraton Manhattan

John Cox
By John Cox,
in

In searching for 2 rooms in Times Square district (4 nights 3/3-3/7) on Priceline, here are my results starting a week before arrival.

4* @ $139 - No deal.

4* @ $149 - No deal.

4* @ $161 - No deal.

4* @ $181 - No deal.

3* @ $151 - No deal, but response said I could try again immediately for $25 more - I did...

3* @ $176 - Deal. Sheraton Manhattan Hotel At Times Square. (51st & 7th)

BTW, this was my second Priceline adventure. In December, I got the Millenium Broadway for $179 (Fri&Sat).

Nice win, but I suggest you never take the "offer" at whatever dollar amount they offer. Chances are extremely good you could have gone up $5 more and ended up with a win.

They are just trying to increase their margin and it always, always benefits Priceline and not you. When you get that message, it means you are very very close to winning the bid. I bet you could have gotten this one for $155 and that is usually why that "offer" gets put out there. Priceline does it just to make sure you go higher than you average bid increment. It increases their profit.

By the way.. careful.. PRICELINE is addictive. I have not booked a regular room in almost 4 years..lol. Enjoy your trip. Also, I have done several priceline trips to NYC and learned some other tricks. For awesome discounted Broadway tix that most people wait in line for last minute..check out Broadwaybox.com No extra cost, no waiting in line at the discount tix place in Times Square. Al

Enjoy your trip.

J.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]