Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Portland (Downtown) Residence Inn

50sjayne
By 50sjayne,
in

Bid 2 days ago sorry-- forgot to post here. Started at $40, added Northwest and $45 and got it. I love this place-- the breakfast is wonderful and the riverwalk is beautiful, especially at night. There is also a Mcormack and Shmick's nearby,-bonus--.

It is also on the streetlcar line. You pay to park, but we didn't have any trouble parking at the meters in front of the hotel last time we were there.

I hope you find a parking meter again, 50sjayne, but I sure didn't have any luck when I stayed at the Res Inn last fall. Parking is $21/night there and all of the adjacent streets but one are No Parking. That one block with meters, across from RI's entrance, only had 6 or 7 spots, and they seemed much coveted by hotel guests.

After 6pm the meters are free til morning. When I checked in I didn't buy parking. I dropped my bags, went out, planned to come back around 5:45pm and hover until I got one of those meter spots across the street. When I got back I found ten or twelve cars already circling the block, all Res Inn guests probably, and all with the same plan as me. It was hopeless and I paid the $21.

I enjoyed the Res Inn so much that I won't dwell on the parking charge. At $45 it's still a great value, even if you pay $21 to park. The Res Inn's breakfast buffet would cost more than $21 for two at a restaurant, which sort of cancels out the parking charge (if you wake up in time to have the buffet).

Have a good trip. I guess you can try the Travelodge next time. :)

I remember you had trouble with the parking when you went, that made me really conscious of the problem when we went. I remember the first night, had no problem when we checked in, but I'm sure it was earlier in the day. The second night it was full by the time we got back for the night so we thought we'd check out the nearby area (I had google earth'd it before hand) and knew there was a Mcormack and Shmick's nearby so we went there for happy hour and by the time we got back there was a spot. I really wanted a jacuzzi this time so I'll gamble again I guess ;-) Wish the ding dang Red Lion still had the 24 hour jacuzzi of old days still-- that was the bomb. My stepdad found other 'secret' spots to park when he was there, maybe I'll check those out too. I do like Travelodge's though, I'm seriously considering the Travelodge Anaheim when we are there-- it's got everything we want, and if you are brave you can walk to the parking structure pretty quickly to the shuttle from what I understand.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]