Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

SemiElite
By SemiElite,
in

Well, I've been bidding regularly from $79 to $105 for the last month for both 6/8 to 6/11 and 6/7 to 6/10 up to a max of $105. Struck out every time, even though the Venetian website has been offering $129.

Got a counteroffer of $124. I THOUGHT I was refusing the counter and making a new offer....I wasn't. Apparently, I was accepting the counter, which I NEVER would have done. Priceline, of course, immediately "accepted."

I called Priceline and they really played HARDBALLl. Absolutely, NOT A BUDGE!!! Regardless of the fact that I called them within ONE MINUTE of the so-called bid.I "signed" the contract by submitting the last 4 digits of my credit card number....nevermind that I have to submit same for every bid.

In the future....Priceline, your price breaks aren't what they usta be. Just not worth a few bucks for your hardline attitude! Venetian's price on their website was $129....and no Priceline fees!

Talk about holding your feet to the fire!!! I've made Priceline reservations twice in the past that I couldn't honor, and I ate the reservations....no complaints. But this was different! A typo reported within 1 to 2 minutes. Geeezzzz.....gimme a break!!!!

Priceline....NEVER AGAIN!!!

With a counter offer of $124,you could have got it for about $109.I would look on every travel site and see if you can find it for less and get some of your $$$ back with PLs guarantee.

I'm not so sure you could have gotten Mon. June 7th for $109, as bbbb thought. I just bid last night 5/29th for the dates of Mon. June 7th and Tues. June 8th together, 5* Strip on Priceline. I was rejected up to $115. I didn't go any higher right now. Oh, and by the way, my Counter Offer was $135!!! :)

I started a completely new bid and only tried for the last night of Tues. June 8th. I was accepted for $99 at the Venetian. :o

Now I am waiting to see if rates might go down a bit, so I might have a chance at my other date of June 7th for $120 or less.

So don't feel bad about accepting the counter offer. I know you spent more than you would have liked. But chances are, it's really not that MUCH more. Remember I have to pay the Priceline fee twice because I'm bidding 2 separate nights.

Here are the lowest rates I found for my dates on the Venetian's site and on Hotwire:

Mon. 6/7- Suite Special $179, reg. rate $179, Hotwire $182

Tue. 6/8 - Suite Special $129, reg. rate $169, Hotwire $129

Have a good trip!

Pomcoach :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]