I did review the bidding strategy......no dice so far

initial bid 145 North Strip counter of $264

added LAS - 150 - rejected

added Nellis - 155 - rejected

added conv center - 169 - rejected

added Henderson - 179 - rejected

added fremont - 189 - rejected

added West strip - 193 - rejected

Didn't want to add South because didn'r want to take chance of getting The Hotel

ideas for the next try? Don't want to spend more than $200/nt for venetian/palazz

Are you trying to not bid up to $200 at this time sinc your'e not using all of your re-bid zones? (you actually have 7 re-bid zones available)

Let us know if you're comfortable with the other re-bid zones (or if for some reason we should only stick with the 5 above) and we'll give you a better straetegy to follow for your future bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's stick with the 5* bidding until you're ready to try for 4 stars and we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

With the 6 re-bid zones you're using you can try as follows:

Select 5* North Strip...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 5* North Strip and re-bid zone6...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Followed the bidding procedure as described above exactly with the exception of last bid being $201 a night. First bid counter was $264/night which I did not accept. All bids rejected. Again, I did not include the South zone as I did not want to stay at The Hotel.

Will probably now focus on North Strip 4* with an upper limit of about $120 a night.

I'll post the results in a separate header

Did you stay for a weekend and if so, what price did you get? Thx

My Priceline Palazzo Las Vegas win.

i stayed 2/13-2/16 which included a fri night. winning bid was $149/night (rejected up to 148 with counters in i think 188 range) i am currently trying for 5/10-5/13 in a 4* for 2 rooms hoping for a PH deal. i have been bidding 44-60 with no success so far. counters have been coming down a bit from 103 to 95. based on recent wins that is probably the Luxor. we have a back up ressie @ Ballys(my bros fav NOT mine!) . i am toying with the idea of trying to get the 4 of us in a single room 5*(Palazzo/Venetian) but the bedding might be an issue. 5/10 seems to have the lowest res prices for the saturdays in may so i am hopeful they will toss some rooms our way but there are no guarantees shopping this way. only excess inventory gets deeply discounted and there is no way to tell if it will happen or not.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]