Priceline Hotel: 2* Worcester-Auburn (Auburn) La Quinta

Louise Lamanna
By Louise Lamanna,
in

Louise, the "fax" icon is a Business Center...faxes are so '90's anyway :)

at any rate, this hotel has not been reported yet, but this could be the Sheraton as it has all of these amenities. Some properties like Extended Stay America, Homewood Suites, Wyndham Suites may show a kitchenette icon. Pet Friendly is curently not a HOTWIRE amenity, though.

Good luck, please use this HOTWIRE link if you proceed.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am looking on the Hotwire site for accommodations for May 14th through May 16th in the Worcester area and the following hotel is listed:

2.5 Worcester-Auburn

shuttle/coffee cup/gym/business center/laundry/ internet access

The price per night is showing $ 52.00

Can someone help identify what hotel this is?

Is there somewhere on the boards where the amenities icons are listed and labeled? For example, does a coffee cup mean coffee maker in room? Or coffee shop on the property? Coffee available all day?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If you search for this offering again on HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button or 'view hotel details' link you will see a description of what each icon (Coffee Cup = Complimentary Breakfast)

Your latest post is a subset of the dates you have previously inquired about... are you looking to split your stay between differnet hotels, have your dates changed (or they now firm), have you made other plans for the other dates?

Let us know regarding your dates and if your plans are firm and we'll then have a look at the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for answering my post. I didn't know I should have grouped it with the earlier one. Now I know.

Plans have changed since the previous posting where I was inquiring about pet friendly properties in Springfield, Mass.

While the trip started out as a family outing I have scaled it back to be strictly business. As far as geographical location, I am looking to get as close to the Brimfield Antique Fair as possible without spending money on accommodations that could be better spent on vintage finds! Springfield Mass and Worcester Mass are equidistant from Brimfield, Mass. The fair starts on May 13th and goes for five days. I intend to go for two days. The two dates mentioned above could work out perfectly. I just do not feel like booking without knowing the property this time around.

Can you help me to identify the 2.5 mentioned in the above post?

$52.00 Worcester-Auburn shuttle,breakfast, gym,business center, laundry, internet access?

Thanks for the information on the amenities icons being in the "view hotel details" link! I did figure it out after my post and felt quite silly for not having put it together earlier myself!!

When I do book the travel I will do it from the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links you provided. Thanks again for all your help.

This property has not yet been identified.

If i were to take a guess i'd think the Holiday Inn Express or La Qutina would be good possibilities, but don't have any evidence of such.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello again,

Upon further investigation I figured this property to be La Quinta in Auburn/Worcester since the amenities icons did not include a pool ( Holiday Inn Express do). I decided to try Priceline to try and save a little more money and bid the following:

$50 3* Worcester, Auburn, Sturbridge rejected

$45 2.5* Worcester, Auburn, Sturbridge accepted

La Quinta Inn Auburn/Worcester

Two nights total $90.00 Taxes $18.88 Grand Total $108.88

Deluxe Breakfast Included

14 miles to Sturbridge and just a few more to the Brimfield Antique Fair. Yipee!!

Thanks for your help, Louise

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and that you're happy with the results.

Can you please doublecheck your winning bid confirm page and confirm that this property is 2.5* rated?

Thanks, enjoy your stay and the antique fair.

Hello again,

Pardon my inexperience with the PRICELINE /HOTWIRE systems. When I was rejected at the $50 price point for the 3* properties, I added the 2.5* category and brought down the price to $45. In a perfect world, I was shooting for the Residence Inn in Worcester that I know is rated 2.5* on Priceline. My bid was accepted but now I notice that this property is rated 2* on Priceline! Would they have given me a 2* property even though I selected a 2.5*, or is this due to an error on my part? I'm just wondering for future bidding! I'm not at all disappointed this time because I had been considering this hotel on Hotwire, where it is rated 2.5* and was going for $52 (I am 99.9% sure that the La Quinta is the hotel that I was trying to identify).

So, the long winded answer to your question, is that my winning bid on PRICELINE was $45 for 2* La Quinta Inn Auburn/Worcester...but I'm not quite sure how it happened!!

Would they have given me a 2* property even though I selected a 2.5*, or is this due to an error on my part?

It's usually user error, as PRICELINE would not assign you a hotel they rate as 2 stars when the minimum you agreed to accept was 2.5 stars.

In such situations you could contact PRICELINE and they would send you a screenshot of what it was that you selected... if it was an error on their part they would offer a refund.

There are threads that talk of some hotels which are 'overrated' by HOTWIRE, but no thread devoted to the subject that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE user their own ratings systems, although i have stated this probably hundreds of times in threads where users have asked for help.

Usually it comes up when i user sees a 3* hotel on HOTWIRE and uses that as the basis of for their 3* PRICELINE bidding... when in reality the 3* HOTWIRE may be 2.5* rated by PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]