Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip North/South??) 03/22 - 03/25

SillyTrix
By SillyTrix,
in

Hi there,

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for posting on this site. It has been extremely helpful to read up on all the helpful posts with regards to bidding on Priceline!!! :)

I have been bidding on 5* on the Strip North for the past week (hoping to get Venetian) but, to no avail, bids from $110 to $135 were not accepted, and the lowest counter offer was $157.

I did, however, notice that the 'average median price' drop from $349 to $289 over the last few days ...

Anyhow, so I spoke to my bf and we decided that maybe we don't need to splurge on a 5* and save some money. So I started bidding for 4* Strip South at $60. Counter offer was at $95 with the 'average median price' at $242. Looked today and Priceline says that in Strip North for 4*, 'average median price' is at $199 today (vs. $279 yesterday). So, my questions/concerns are:

- For 4* Strip North, what other suspected hotels other that TI (as listed on the Nevada Priceline list) can I expect?

- What price should I start off with today to bid a 4* Strip North?

- When Priceline counter offers, how much more can my bid drop with regards to 'that price'?

We just want to spend a pleasant weekend in Vegas but with recent reports about Luxor's mediocre service, we really don't want to stay there. And very unsure about staying at the Westin.

Thank you kindly in advance for all your comments/suggestions/answers!

hl23 - Thanks for your comment however, we had to rethink our budget and although we do think Palazzo is amazing, it is out of our price range. Glad to hear you had a great time though!

dahammer - Yup I do know about the rebidding process however, I didn't want to continue with that with the south strip as I was getting worried about getting Luxor/Westin. I have taken your advice and stopped bidding in the south.

So thus far tonight, I have been bidding 60/65/70 in the north strip 4*. Not accepting anything. :) Just keep going?

So thus far tonight, I have been bidding 60/65/70 in the north strip 4*. Not accepting anything. :) Just keep going?

The board don't see many reported wins for 4* in the North zone. It's a long time since TI was repoted as a Priceline win. So you might get an alternate plan for your stay. A good option is to look at HOTWIRE for your stay.

Good luck!

Henrik.

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]