Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Metairie-Harahan) Sheraton

hl23
By hl23,
in

Sheraton - Metairie $72 12/25/07-12/28/07 2 rooms

bid same day (12/25) rejected @ 69 or 70, accepted @72. i am posting this better late than never as i was charged by both priceline and the hotel. the sheraton told me that priceline's credit card didn't go through so they charged my CC. the offer was for $72 for 3 nights, 2 rooms for a total of $432

taxes/fees 78.34

total 510.34

priceline was charged EXACTLY $480.30. i did get the charges reversed but, i was a bit surprised at the spread between what i paid priceline and what they paid for the rooms. i only overpaid by a max of $2 per room per night. their pricing structure of what they need to make per res or room may have changed quite a bit!

Thank you for sharing your previous win with the board.

The 'spread' really isn't as large as you think it is...

The tax rate in this area is 12.75%.

Your rate: $432

Taxes (12.75%): 55.08

Total: $487.08 (vs Priceline's $480.30)

So the difference is really the amount of fees, which in the case above is about $23... which comes to about $4 per room per nite (given your '6 room nites), which doesn't seem out of line at all, imo.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]