Priceline Hotel: 3* Winston Salem (North) Holiday Inn Select

BeachBum
By BeachBum,
in

I was trying to get a room for the 21st - 23rd, but no luck. I bid $55 for the two nights and received a $70 counteroffer, which I turned down because I thought I could get a Friday night Priceline and a regular reservation Thursday night and still save money. My second bid for the two nights at $61 was rejected.

My first bid for Friday night the 22nd only was $41, which was rejected. I was accepted at $46, was rejected at Extend Your Stay, and got a regular reservation at 107 for the first night. Hotwire seems to have this property for this night at $49, not much of a Priceline advantage.

I started by clicking at savingsbarn.com.

Congratulations on your win!

You shouldn't really compare the priceline rate to the HOTWIRE rate since they are both opaque... the comparison should be the priceline (or HOTWIRE rate) to the price of a traditionally booked room.

Thanks for sharing your win and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Glad that you were able to 'make' this work for you by combining an opaque purchase along with a conventionally booked purchase. (for the future, please also note per the support page that we're an affiliate of the Holiday Inn as well as most other hotel chains so you can use our links to book direct too)

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]