Priceline Hotel: 4* St. Louis (Downtown) Renaissance Grand

Senoreit
By Senoreit,
in

See my previous post for the Hyatt Regency for a more detailed explanation of my bidding history. Initially I bid unsuccessfully up to $87 for a 3* in downtown St. Louis for 7/9-7/12. Eventually I decided to split my bid for this stay and got the Hyatt Regency for $63 for 7/10-7/12. Since I was rejected up to $87 for all three nights, but then got the second two nights for $63, I figured it was the first night (7/9) that was causing me problems. As a result, my first bid for that night was $65. This bid was accepted and upgraded to the 4* Renaissance Grand. In retrospect, I think I may have royally lucked out on this, but I'm not exactly sure. Although I was rejected up to $87 for the three nights together, after I sat down and thought about it after all was said and done, I realized my logic in assuming that the first night of the stay would require a higher bid than the second two nights may have been faulty. The real problem was the lack of availibility for *all three nights together*, not for any one or two nights in particular. I now realize that I should have started my bidding for 7/9 much lower, as I think there's a chance I could have gotten a 3* for a lower bid. However, the good thing it that I know that $65 is commonly the price that the Renaissance Grand goes for on Priceline, so although I was initially only aiming for a 3* (and would have gladly paid less to get one) I don't feel I overpaid for what I ended up getting for this night. What I'm wondering is, did Priceline upgrade me just because I happened to hit the Renaissance Grand's rate on the nose, or can I interpret what ended up happening to mean that PL had no 3* availability for less than $65 on that night.

Anyway, here are the details:

Congratulations, you got your price of $65 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 4-star hotel!

Renaissance Grand Saint Louis

Downtown St. Louis

800 Washington Ave

Saint Louis, Missouri 63101

314-621-9600

Check-In Date: Fri, Jul 9, 2004

Check-In Time: After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Jul 10, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.26

Total Charges: $81.26

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]