Priceline Hotel: 2* NYC (MTS) Murray Hill East Suite

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

EDIT: I see Priceline calls it a 2*, the hotel told me they are 2.5... so there might be some argument...

I will report on the hotel after my stay. Internet reviews look decent.

Not one of my most successful priceline bids, but acceptable for what I needed, a decent hotel in short walking distance to Times Square. Hotel staff just informed me that its only a few blocks walk.

They also said they are nice rooms, bigger than the Paramount TS (That I got the last two years). But that they are queen size quites but they would put in a request for a king room for me.

I started out TS 3* @ $65 per night --- failed.

Added MTW @70 per night for 3* & 2.5* failed.

Added Upper MT-CP South, 3*, 2.5* and 2*, @75, failed...

Added MTE @ 85, 3*, 2*, 2.5*, failed...

Added MTS @90, win...

Murray Hill on Priceline and Hotels.com lists for around $165, so at $109 per night inclusive I guess I did ok.

I have a feeling getting the Paramount for $100 inclusive is probably a tad better deal, but the reviews for the Murray Hill looked decent, and we're really only sleeping there after a long train ride, hitting the town, going to a show, sleeping, and leaving on a train at 6:45 in the morning, so it will serve the purpose well. If we get a king bed, with my wife being pregnant, it will be a bonus and will probably be great. By the map, it does look like an easy walk to TS and Central Park, so I'm content.

If that one failed I was about to go for the Midtown hotel on Hotwire for $240 inclusive for 2 nights, so I saved $22 off that, and may have gotten a better hotel for our situation.

Murray Hill East Suite Hotel 2-star

Midtown South

149 East 39th Street

New York, New York 10016

212-661-2100

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Wed, Feb 20, 2008 / After 01:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Fri, Feb 22, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $90.00

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $38.33

Total Charges*: $218.33

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]