AZ Phoenix Airport Residence Inn

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

Just spent a Sunday night here... Free shuttle pickup from the airport. The location is next to a busy street, right across the street from a big "Asian Mall" with anything and everything Asian... Food market, Chinese take out, Sushi, home furnishings, gifts... You get the point. (In the mids of all this is a Quizno's Subs. Go figure!)

Back to the hotel... No mention of PL at check-in. Only that the room had already been paid for. Was given a non-smoking room with a king size bed overlooking the pool (in a courtyard). Very nice and clean. Large room with newer furniture and... here comes the best part... FREE Wi-Fi!!! If you don't have a wireless modem on your laptop, make sure to bring your own ethernet cable, or you'll have to buy them for $5 at the reception.

Super breakfast buffet! I ate a waffle, toats, cereal and a cinnamon roll... Not the healthiest thing to eat, but tasted grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Found out the next morning that there's a supermarket and even a Costco within walking distance... About a mile away. So if you're here for a longer stay, you could get to the grocery store in a jiff!

Grades:

Staff: A

Room: A-

Overall: A-

DeltaPurser :)

• 2 years later...
Found out the next morning that there's a supermarket and even a Costco within walking distance... About a mile away. So if you're here for a longer stay, you could get to the grocery store in a jiff!

Nearly all Residence Inns will shop for you and deliver the food to your door! Ask first, of course. I always thought this was such a nice service. I know for sure that the RInn in Las Vegas, near the Las Vegas Hilton, provides this service, and I believe the RInn in Ontario (airport), CA does as well....

• 2 years later...

I just stayed at the Residence Inn Feb 8-12, 2009. It is very fresh and new and spotless. People are friendly and very helpful. No mention of PL at check-in, just an observation that "...everything was all set" when I checked out.

The room was extra large. Included a sofa, coffee table, desk and side chair, as well as really comfortable bed and lots of pillows. Full kitchen. I even made myself some muffins from a mix one day. Enjoyed Boston Market frozen meals, and nuked a big package of veggies.

Everything worked - wake-up calls on time, lots of hot water, etc. Very attractively landscaped outside with flowers and even had the various cacti labeled by name in one area.

Phoenix now has a light rail line. The initial segment of METRO light rail service in the Phoenix, Arizona area began operating in December 2008. This first section is only 20 miles long, covering a small part of west Mesa, Tempe at the ASU Main Campus, downtown Phoenix and the central corridor of Phoenix. There are more segments that will be added in the future. The shuttle will drop you off at the nearest station, or it actually is only a short walk from the hotel, or there is a shuttle link to it from the airport.

The buffet breakfast was great, but what I really appreciated was the coffee pot was on way earlier and I could get a morning cup even though I departed well before the 6AM to 9AM serving hours three of my four days there.

Although I didn't use it, I did see a sign that this RI has the grocery shopping service mentioned in an earlier post.

Free USA Today and Phoenix papers in the lobby was a nice touch. Enough puzzles in them to keep me entertained a long time. Almost the same selection of funnies as my home paper so I stayed caught up.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]