Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (West-Plantation) Hyatt Regency Bonaventure

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Started bidding with $55 and after about 3 bids at $62 I was counteroffered to increase it by $17(=$79). I did not go for it as I had quite a few bids left to do as there is 5 different re-bid zones for this. Bid about 4 more times and got the:

Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center & Spa for $73 plus taxes and fees=$89.68 for 1 night Monday(Easter Monday) March 24/08. 250 Raquet Club Road, Weston, Florida

This is about a 20 min. drive from the FLL airport. We will have a rental car to return and as our flight leaves at 6:15am in the morning we would have to get a taxi from any hotel near the airport anyways (as I have been reading some of the shuttles do not start until 5 or 6 am). This Hyatt has a lovely looking pool. It has fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor.

I noticed that on the printout it says there is a RESORT fee that will be charged directly upon check-out. I was a bit shocked as this is not a RESORT listed hotel. Do you think I should contact PLine and dispute it???? :)

Went to www.savingsbarn.com and then to Priceline.

No, you should not contact Priceline to dispute it...since Priceline isn't the one charging you the resort fee (the hotel is), Priceline can't do anything about it.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with this reservation and with the resort fee. Priceline does warn you that additional fees may be charged. Even though you bid for a 4*, it's possible for Priceline to "upgrade" you if a higher-star-level hotel is available at your price. So you may end up with a Resort even if you bid for a 4*.

Furthermore, even if this is a 4* (I'm not sure, and it's irrelevant anyway) the hotel is still allowed to charge a resort fee. I have even heard of 2*/3* hotels in tourist oriented places like Orlando charging a resort fee, allegedly for things like pool towels that used to be free.

This is one of the downsides to using Priceline. The upside is, think about how much money you are saving even WITH paying the resort fee. Also, keep in mind that EVERYONE at the property pays the resort fee, whether they booked with Priceline or paid full price. So, although it's unfortunate, at least it's not unfair.

Hi - looking for a little help here....new to priceline (& this forum) & am very new with the rebid process on priceline - I know a little about it as in putting in the bid & if rejected add a little to offer & add a zone for the free "rebid" - I am looking at this hotel to try for it on a wed night mid march - any ideas on my chances? also so I dont mess this up doing my rebids - any info on the rebids -which 5 zones to add would be greatly appreciated.....this is a great forum & have had some great advise before - thanx to all who post on this forum - it is a great help!!!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]