Hotwire Hotel: 2* Sarnia-Point Edward Chipican Motel

hotwirenewbie
By hotwirenewbie,
in

Hi everyone

I'm new here and also new to Hotwire. I posted my "win" already - hope I did it right.

A few questions...

I booked a 2* hotel in Sarnia, Canada for the night of Feb 13-14. The one I got is the Chipican Motel. Looking at reviews of this hotel I'm quite nervous about staying there (pics are disgusting, blood on walls, knife holes, drapes held up with duct tape, etc). I realize that I only booked a cheap 2* but that's because we're arriving at midnight or so and checking out first thing in the morning. It's just a stop-over on a road trip. We just wanted somewhere clean to sleep and weren't too concerned with amenities, etc.

I'm a little upset because on Hotwire for 2* they say "Our 2-star hotel suppliers include:

Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Days Inn, plus other top brands and quality hotels." And that sounds exactly what we were wanting. Under 1* are motels. Plus, the rate they say it usually goes for is over $100 (well it did, that seems to be removed now) but on the motels website they list $50.

I'm willing to go see the hotel - maybe it's been renovated or something since the tripadvisor reviews(?). But if it really is that terrible is there anything we can do? we can't afford another hotel and, with it being -20 C with the wind chill and being 7 mths pregnant I really don't want to sleep in the car!

Any suggestions, encouragment, etc would be much appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]