Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire options for 2/19-2/22 in DC

VTMike
By VTMike,
in

Good evening,

I'm trying to find a suitable hotel for a few days in DC next week.

I've used Hotwire with good luck in the past so have been trying to match hotels using the TripAdvisor information and the pricing profiles. Each time, I've been overwhelmed given the risk that some reviews suggest; to the point of postponing any decision.

A quick google search landed me here with hopes of some clarity and advice.

Firstly, the prices seem to be jumping a fair bit. Is there a recommended time for landing the best price?

For example, I got an email from Hotwire that prices had fallen to $69 and $58 for 2.5 stars that represent almost $200 savings. I can't find anything close to those prices (and was thinking of a 3* minimum).

Of the options available RIGHT NOW, the two 'best value' options that look interesting are:

a 4* in Dupont Circle - Embassy Row for $86 (57% savings) with a Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Hi-Speed Internet, Pool(s), Business Center, & Tennis nearby. It's listed as a 3/5 from Trip Advisor with 140+ reviews.

Is this Hilton Washington and Towers?

a 3.5* in White House - Capitol Hill for $99 (42% savings) with a Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Hi-Speed Internet, Pool(s), & Business Center. It's listed as a 3.5/5 from Trip Advisor with 140+ reviews.

Is this Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill?

I'm travelling with my wife and 9 year old with ambitions of getting away from the VT cold and taking in some museums and tourist stops. My thoughts are to either land myself right in the thick of things where I wouldn't need to drive into the city each day, to put myself close to a metro line, or if I have to be further out to try to get the best bang for my buck and accept a daily drive / parking game.

Thanks, in advance, for any time/advice that can be offered.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is no "best" time to make your purchase on HOTWIRE... if you see a good deal and are happy with the price, take it as it may not be available later on. The 2.5* hotels that HOTWIRE is refering to above are in the Chantilly zone ($58, but only appears when searching for 2adults/0children) and the $68 is in the Alexandria-Old Town zone (does appear for 2adults/1child)

We agree that the best guesses for the above are the Hilton and Hyatt respectively.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]