Hotwire Hotel: St. Thomas USVI 2* $162 02/14/08 Hotwire

Daphne
By Daphne,
in

I found a 2* hotel on Saint Thomas, USVI on Hotwire for $162 per room (requesting 2 rooms) for one night Feb. 14, 2008. Description says pool and restaurant. I saw the post that the $139 for this week is likely Best Western Carib Beach. Do you think the one I found is the same or another property?

Thank you!!

We paid for 5 nights (1 person 3 nights, 1 person 2 nights) on Hotels.com at $153/night at Bluebeards Castle. When my husband and his business associate arrived in the evening to check in, they were informed they had no rooms and could not accommodate them. I immediately began searching for options without spending $350 and up for the few decent hotels that were still showing as available.

I found the $162 on Hotwire and thought it might be the Best Western Carib Beach, which is a very run down place - I called them to see if they had any rooms and they said they were completely full. I thought it might also be Sapphire Village, which is on the other side of the island but it was too late to reach anyone there, and there were no rental cars available and taxis charge whatever they feel they can get (super high season.)

In the meantime I called a number of independent hotels I know and ended up with $223 and $249 at Island Beachcomber. Hotels.com is refunding the prepaid amount and will pay up to $100 per room per night for the additional amount we had to pay. I had planned on booking two other gentlemen into Bluebeards via Hotels.com for Thursday, Feb. 14 (I called to confirm and they were also fully booked) so had to scramble for them and ended up with Bunker Hill Hotel at $120.75 per room. A perfectly decent place and a good value, but downtown and not the best area to wander after dark.

I find this forum very helpful and appreciate everyone's input! Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]