Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Fremont) Golden Nugget

VegasChick
By VegasChick,
in

Hello, glad I found this site! I just wish I found it before I booked my last trip on Priceline... I stayed at Monte Carlo but I know I could have got it cheaper than the $74 bid they accepted. Anywho...

A bunch of family members are going to Vegas for a wedding on June 7th. My mom and I are going from 6/5-6/9, while the other two familes who are interested in staying at the same hotel with us are probably doing 6/6-6/9. My mom and I are open to several places, one of them being Golden Nugget. I kind of followed the strategy on here... bid 50 and got countered for 84, rebid 65, 67 and 69 and got rejected. I then reloaded the page and tried bidding 57, then got denied with no counter. That confused me that I wouldn't get a counteroffer since I did the first time!

So after speaking with my aunt and cousins, they said they would like to stay at the same hotel with us, but they are pretty limited on what they are willing to accept. North strip 5* would be fine, and their price range would be in the 200's, however my price range would be nowhere near that. I realize this essentially eliminates 5*. I see Palazzo was asking 399 a night anyway, so it doesn't seem likely. Everyone objects to the south strip 4*, because they don't want to end up at Luxor or Monte Carlo. I did mention to everyone that the north strip 4* list on this site only shows Treasure Island. Can anyone verify this? If so, the north strip 4* would be perfect, because everyone agrees that would be ideal cost wise and quality wise. I know it is a while away, so I'm willing to be patient and so is my family. I haven't really seen any 4* north purchases reported on here, so I don't know where to start price wise.

So to sum it up, Golden Nugget is out now. 4* north is the new possibility, depending on what hotels are possible. Price range is pretty leniant, less than 150 would be great. There would be three different reservations for three different groups, two of which are getting out there on Friday and one coming out on a Thursday.Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding for multple rooms with different check-in/check-out dates, you can't guarantee that you'll receive the same hotel.

While the Treasure Island is the only reported hotel in the Priceline Hotel List i'm sure there are othes... the Mirage and Caesars immediately come to mind.

If you ultimatley need to book direct, please niote, as per our support page, that we are affiliates of the Treasure Island as well as a host of other Vegas hotels.

Given that you can't ensure receiving the same hotel with your different check-in/check-out dates, if you are willing to change hotel during your stay you can bid for as many room as you need for the 2 nite stay, then bid again for as many rooms as you need for the extra nite, but may have to change properties if a different hotel is won.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since it is my Mom and I getting out there a day early, we would be willing to priceline a one night request for the first night. That would take care of that issue I think. We would probably just try to get Golden Nugget for the first night in that case, since we like Fremont.

My Aunt (the picky one) was originally looking into Caesars, but we found it too expensive to book. I think I found it on Hotwire, but it was going for 179/nt. She is also fond of Mirage, but I told her I didn't see it on any of the lists. So if they happened to pop up, it would probably be a pleasant surprise for everyone. I guess that would be it for the north end, right? Just let me know what you think.

Oh, and I tried the links to priceline from savingsbarn and it said the page could not be loaded for all of the possible links. Anyone else having problems?

As long as the 4* in that area are the ones I already mentioned...

Just to be clear... we can't make any guarantees that the hotels mentioned will be one which you receive. We can both look at a map and determine the likely/possible candidates, but priceline could alway labels some other hotel 4 stars which you coudl receive... those are the conditions of an opaque purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand that. I believe, however, that the cutoff of north/south puts Westin in the south, right? So if that is the cutoff area, I could then only receive if I bid a 4* north: Caesars, Mirage, TI, Venetian, Palazzo or Wynn. I can't think of any other 4* in that zone, everything else should be 3 or less.

With time on your side i would begin as follows:

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them)

Select 4* North zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North zone and re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110.

Also note:

If you go to the Treasure Island website and click the promotions link, the last promotion "TI Direct Advantage" you can book the Treasure Island for $166/nite average (NOTE: this is non-refundable)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Going for a wedding in June with the family. Gave up on the strip, my mom and I love Fremont and we want to save money. We did try 5* North Zone and were countered 171, going up as high as 140 for those that are interested in the future.

We decided on Fremont because we could split our bids with no risk. Bid as follows using Savingsbarn.com link:

Thurs 6/5- Fri 6/6:

50... counteroffer 64

55, 58... rejected

60... accepted

Sunday 6/8-Mon 6/9:

55... counteroffer 70

59... accepted

Bidding on Friday 6/6-Sunday 6/8 as a unit:

62... counteroffer 109

70, 80, 85... denied

I'll wait on this and see what happens. I'll make a safety reservation for these nights through the hotel just incase. Have a link to do that with? I'll use it if you have one.

Congratualtions on your win(s).

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Please use separate threads for each win (so that everything will bein the proper format for the Priceline Wins Calendar). We'll use this thread to reflect your first win, please start a NEW TOPIC for your second win, and another NEW TOPIC for your remaining nites.

Thanks for asking, but we dont' have any link to the Golden Nugget website.

• 3 months later...

Hello again! My trip is coming up soon, and I wanted to ask about something. I made a safety reservation for 6/6-6/8 at Golden Nugget. The counteroffer has remained constant at 109, so I decided to wait it out. Today I noticed that the "average price" after selecting the Fremont zone was now showing at 110, where before it was 144. I decided to enter in a lower amount, $65. I received an offer to raise my bidding price $17 and not have to change my bidding details. I know that all counteroffers should be declined, so I used my rebid zones to bid up to $75. Both bids of 70 and 75 were rejected without an offer to raise my price.

I'm not sure exactly what to do with an offer to raise your bidding price. But now I can safely assume that 82 will win those nights, which is a great deal compared to the hotel price of 129. I wonder if I wait 5 more days or so if the price will go down or not. I know that's a gamble, but I am going to Vegas after all. So what do you think of their raise your price $17 counteroffer, and what do you think of waiting?

There is no "right" or "wrong" answer, but my advice would be to place bids up to the counter offer on your next round of PRICELINE bidding. Relative to your back-up plan this is a very good deal and i would take it... just as the price could drop, there could be limited availabilty at this new lower price and by waiting it could easily disappear. If you're willing to pay $75/nite (as you have already bid) i don't think trying to hold-out another $7 per nite is worth the rate jumping back up to over $100... not a good risk/reward in my opinion.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]