Priceline Hotel: Martha's Vineyard/Priceline

giadav
By giadav,
in

Priceline actually lists the zone as Edgartown (is this the same as Martha's Vinyard or just a nearby city?.. i'd make sure before booking).

The best rates i can find for 2*-3* in the area are $150-$175, is this consistent to the best rates you've found or do you have a better place/price for a back-up?

I think this is going to be a tough bid to win at a discount, but answer the above along with your maximum bid amount and i'll recommend a starting price.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well i don't see any reason to go as high as $150 since a rate similar to that at your star level is readily available.

I would start at $85 and raise $10 every 72 hours until i hit $125 or so. After that i would start the cycle over again, but probably no longer bid every 72 hours.

If i recall correctly I think it was a Comfort Inn available for $150 or $160.

This is a tough zone to get acceptance, so i look forward to hearing about your progress.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Martha's Vineyard is the name of the Island. If I remeber correctly, the ferry takes you to Oaks Bluff (which is a very small area) if you walk about 5-10 mins you are in Edgartown.

Where did you see the rates for $150 - $175?? I'm trying to get an idea of how close any of these places are within walking distance to the beach.

Check out Orbitz and put Edgarstown in the search box. You'll see a 3* Best Western 12 miles from the city center for $165 and a 2* 'Martha Vinyards Resort' 5 miles from the city center for $149 (note: upon closer look this is for one double bed... a queen bed is $175)

Travelocity"]Travelocity has the Best Western for $148.50.

Again, i don't know the area so make sure that these are in the right area as it seems "Martha's Vinyard" encompasses a lot of nearby small towns.

• 1 month later...

I just want to update you...we did not go to the Vineyard. Based on what it would have cost us for a 2 star hotel, not knowing if the weather would cooperate, we decided to fly to Las Vegas and stayed at the Venetian, cost was alittle bit more (not much) but well worth it and the weather was perfect!! The Venetian offers special room rates on their website for $129 per night. We probably could have done better through priceline, but it was a quick last minute decision. As always, thanks for all your help.

• 6 years later...
Martha's Vineyard is the name of the Island. If I remeber correctly, the ferry takes you to Oaks Bluff (which is a very small area) if you walk about 5-10 mins you are in Edgartown.

Where did you see the rates for $150 - $175?? I'm trying to get an idea of how close any of these places are within walking distance to the beach.

Edgartown is 5 to 7 MILES from the Oak Bluffs Ferries. You would need to take the cab or a bus. You could come into Vineyard Haven if you're going to do that also.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]