Priceline Hotel: Marriott Waterway - Woodlands (Houston)

ddale
By ddale,
in

I've never used priceline before, but I was told that the Marriott Waterway is the only 3 star hotel in the Woodlands, so if you put in a bid, it will either be accepted for this property or you won't get anything. Does this sound right? I am going to be attending concerts @ the Woodlands and don't want to stray to far from the venue. The Marriott has a skywalk to the venue, I believe. Do you think I'd be safe in selecting 3 star for the Woodlands and getting the Marriott?? I know nothing is a sure thing, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Well it may be the only 3* hotel reported in that zone but hotels can be added at any time (as well 4* hotels can be downgraded and 2* hotels can be upgraded). So there is a risk involved, but one that only you can decide if it's worth taking (vs. the savings involved).

If you'd like to take the chance let us know and we'll provide a recommended bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have 7 RE-BIDS available when bidding 3* in Houston (if you're unsure of your re-bid zones feel free to confirm them or ask questions to the board).

This is how i would proceed:

Select 3* The Woodlands and...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $41, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $58

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above strategy. Please update us with your progress/results.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Stayed here .... amazing hotel. In fact, nicest hotel I have ever stayed at .... being brand new and the breath-taking scenery. Pool was a little small however, it is a roof-top pool.

My strategy was exactly what thereuare suggested....

I bid $35 .... got a counteroffer to add like $10 which I ignored, instead, I added another zone without a 3 star hotel and rebid $38 and got it. I was there back in January and from researching the area, I remember also not seeing any other hotels which might be a 3 star. Good luck.

If you are sure of your plans i would begin to bid now following the strategy outlined above.

There is always a chance that you could get it cheaper if you waited, but there is equally a chance that the hotels in the area no longer have Priceline availability as you get closer to check-in.

Well, I re-bid 7 times, and was up to $60 and still got nothing. Out of curiosity, I checked Hotels.com and they had no availability.... but the hotel website will still allow me to book.

I guess I could bid higher, because I'd still be saving money. I'll try again in a few days.

I'll take a closer look, but since you're stay isn't until August and i don't think rates appeared to be particular high (if i recall correctly), it may just be a 'release of inventory problem' and i would continue with the current bidding strategy (not bidding higher).

In the meantime, make a reservation that is cancellable just to make sure you don't look one day and find the hotel sold out and no rooms left for you. This will also give you some peace of mind while you continue to try Priceline.

As well, you'll likely drive yourself crazy and/or quickly get frustrated bidding this every 72 hours at this point, so i would just try again in 2 weeks or so. This is one of the advantages to bidding early... plenty of time to work our a gameplan and be patient.

Feel free to ask questions or comment regarding the above.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]