Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton

iamjedi
By iamjedi,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Hotels are supposed to treat you like any other customer... but it appears there are a few that do discriminate. :)

I would email (or call) the hotel about 10 days prior to arrival and tell them that your stay is for your honeymoon and anything they can do in order to make your stay 'special' would be appreciated.

I wouldn't go expecting any problems, as we often hear of users that assume the worst based upon the experiences of others and then report that they had a pleasant stay. If you're not happy with the room, as to speak to the manager and explain that it's your honeymoon. As well, as a last resort, bring a copy of Priceline's terms under the 'help' of "what type of room will i be assigned" (it's says something to the effect that you'll receive a 'typical' room)

Compared to the many of the hotels in Europe, how bad can it be? :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Thanks for welcoming me to the board and thanks also for the marital best wishes. I'm sure everything will go fine

:)

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place and thanks for re-directing it. I should have paid more attention but as usual I dived in with my size twelves!

Thanks for your advice, but I had already e-mailed the Hilton Worldwide Reservations desk about this (just after I read the reviews) and they replied to me today saying that it is most certainly not company poilcy to offer inferior rooms and that they have asked the hotel to upgrades us to a superior room (if available) on the account that we are honeymooners. Can't say fairer than that.

I know what you're saying about standards not being as exact over this side of the pond. That's why I looked at an American travel advisor site, I thought if it passes you fussy buggers' standards it will pass anyone's :)

In all seriousness, that's a lesson us stiff upper lip Brits could do with learning - being more fussy. We put up with too much nonsense here because we're "British". Having been a frequent vistor to your beautiful country since I was twelve (now 30) I always felt sorry for American tourists when they came over here and I always felt they have a bit of a raw deal compared to home.

Anyway, I will probably be booking more on Priceline for the honeymoon and will keep everyone updated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]