Priceline Hotel: Boutique New Orleans (Downtown-Convention Center) Wyndham Whitney

jacone
By jacone,
in

Hi,

I am new to betterbidding but not to Priceline. I am looking for a hotel on the Convention Center area from 4/5 to 4/10/08. I am ok with 3 or 4 star, but I would be restricted to this location since I will be spending most of the time at the convention center. I would appreciate your help if you can provide me with a good strategy. I'll be going through savingsbarn to Priceline for doing my request.

Thanks

Joe

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you wanted to pay... what is your maximum bid for this stay? (per nite)

Also, are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* OR is the least expensive 3* or better hotel your goal?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It really does not matter much if it's 3 or 4 star. I just want to stay in a decent hotel within a few blocks from the Convention Center. i would say $90 as max bid is optimum. I can actually extend it to $100 if it's really worth.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Joe

It really does not matter much if it's 3 or 4 star. I just want to stay in a decent hotel...
Since you won't know the hotel before you bid, are you willing to accept any hotel which Priceline deems is 3 stars?
...within a few blocks from the Convention Center.
Can you accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region of the zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, i would accept any hotel with a 3-star rating. I can accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region, but I would really prefer to be as closely as possible to the Convention Center. I know this might be difficult to achieve based on the way Priceline sets the different zones, but give me your best guidance based on your lists and previous experiences. Closer to Convention Center equals better for me.

Joe

Have you searched HOTWIRE?

If location is your primary objective than HOTWIRE may be a better option since you can often have an educated guess as to the property you will be receiving, and thus know how close it is to the Convention Center. However, this usually costs a little more than priceline, so if price is more important we can proceed with a bidding strategy... but i would at least do a HOTWIRE search to see if there are any good deals and have an idea how close the property is to the location you need.

Let us know if you'd prefer to go with priceline and we'll suggest a strategy OR if there is a HOTWIRE hotel we can try to help you ID.

Yes i tried that before. There are no hotels in the area they identify as "convention " area. I restricted the search to zone A (downtown New Orleans) and I got the following alternatives.

1)

Price: $149

Rating: 4.5*

Amenities: Fitness center. restaurant high-speed internet, pool, business center

2)

Price:$49 at the airport

Rating:3*

Amenities:Airport shuttle, Fitness center. restaurant high-speed internet, pool, business center, laundry facilities

3)

Price:$143

Rating 4*

Amenities:Fitness center. restaurant high-speed internet, pool, business center

4)

Price; $112

Rating 3*

Amenities:Complimentary Breakfast, high-speed internet, pool, business center

5)

Price:$44 at the airport2* hotel

Rating:2*

Amenities:Laundry facilities

6)

Price:$159

Rating 3.5*

Amenities:Fitness center. restaurant high-speed internet, pool, business center

Thanks!

I don't think there is any point in trying to ID any of the above as it doesn't appear any meet your criteria... almost all are over your budget, and those which are below your maximum bid state above, are either out of the zone or less than 3 stars.

So to try priceline, at the 3 star level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Downtown-Convention Center...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown-Convention Center and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown-Convention Center and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown-Convention Center and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90.

The above will take you to your prefered maximum bid. If rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours in addition to suggesting one or two other ideas.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]