Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market - Financial District) Onyx

JRC666
By JRC666,
in

Has anyone had this issue -- A friend and I wanted to book separately so that we could each charge our rooms to our own credit cards. We settled on a hotel using the Hotwire list on this site to help ID. FYI - the hotel was a 4* in Boston (Quincy-Financial District) with the following amentieis: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, High-Speed Internet and Business Center. The Better Bidding list ID'd the hotel as the Onyx Hotel. My friend booked and successfully got the Onyx. I logged him out, started a new search and clicked and booked the "same" hotel -- same amenities, tripadvisor, etc. When I completed my transaction, I was booked into the HILTON Financial District!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to prevent being booked into a different hotel, especially in this case where the Hilton is far from a "boutique" hotel.

FWIW, I called Hotwire and they told me that my booking did not show "boutique" as an amenity on their "screen". System flaw?

Just wanted to follow up on my previous thread. Hotwire customer service, after bending their ear a little that the hotel that I was booked in was not a Boutique as advertised when I made the purchase, gave me a refund. With fingers crossed, I tried the booking again (from a different PC, if that matters) with the same amenities listed as above (Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, High Speed Internet, Buisness Center) and SUCCESSFULLY booked the Onyx. The only thing I can assume is that last night's booking was some type of system flaw.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]