Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt La Jolla

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

This didn't take any skill really, as this hotel will generally come up at $49 when there's PL availability; although the vast majority won't shave that extra Dollar for some reason and bid $50.

But luck was definitely on my side. I'm fortunate to get this out of the way now, so I don't have to worry about competing for rooms later on in a much tighter market, with the attendees of Street Scene (100,000) coming on top of the usual San Diego summer crowd. As if this deal weren't enough, a short while later I was able to book a r/t from BWI to Iceland for $83! (Fingers still crossed it gets ticketed.)

The Wild Animal Park is in Escondido, about 30 miles from the Hyatt La Jolla.

Hope my good luck rubs off on you with your bid!

CitySearch has a good blurb.

This guy has done a good take on it, although it's not as glamorous as he fancies and most don't do the costume thing. The atmosphere is very down to earth for the most part. (And I'd like to know what cologne he's wearing, as I've never gotten that kind of attention there.) :)

This year they're making several major changes. They're moving it up from the weekend after Labor Day to the last weekend in August, shortening it from 3 to 2 days; and moving the location from an area around the Gaslamp to Embarcadero Marina Park South. All to improve the bottom line, I'm sure, although I fear this may diminish its unique vibe. Should still be fun.

Last year I saw Ian Wright from Lonely Planet walking around, which convinced me that the event has to be world class if he makes an effort to be there after all he's seen and done.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]