Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (Greentree) Holiday Inn

GoPensGo!
By GoPensGo!,
in

Hello. First time posting here, exciting! Anyway, I have two hotel rooms booked in Pittsburgh for the weekend and used Priceline. I got the Holiday Inn/Greentree for 50 bucks a night. Based on the reviews I've read about the place I'm not crazy about what I got, but at least it's relatively cheap. There are three of making the trip, with two of us staying in room #1 and the other staying in room #2. Upon further review I thought about getting my own room and checked Hotwire. There appears to a listing of 59 dollars for a property that matches the amenities of the H. Inn/Greentree. Could I reserve another room at the same hotel thru Hotwire if I already have two other rooms booked thru Priceline, or will that cause me problems at check in time? Also, should I just roll the dice on Priceline and try to the room at a lower price by searching for a 3* in greentree and maybe going with 35-40 dollars? I've noticed (after the fact) that many people have secured that property for those lower amounts. I figure if the Holiday Inn/Greentree is listed on Hotwire, they are looking to fill rooms and I could maybe lock in another thru priceline, but at a lower price. Is that allowed by priceline's rules? Thanks for any help you could offer.

Since you mistakenly forgot to share your win with the board when it occured :), we'll edit the topic title of this thread to reflect your win.

Please add the date(s) of your stay as a reply to this thread so that we can complete the topic title details and we'll then reply to your question(s) above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Whoops. Sorry for the newbie mistake. :)

February 8-11 (3 Nights)

3* Holiday Inn/Greentree: 50$ per night (two rooms @ 50 each) for a total of $383.58 (including taxes and service fees).

As I recall I first tried to bid 50 dollars on a 4* in the downtown area. I was rejected at $50, kept the bidding amount the same, added another zone and changed the criteria to a 3*. Accepted at the Holiday Inn/Greentree.

Thanks for adding the details of your win.

You won't have any problems having multiple rooms in your name.

It comes down to whether you want to have an educated guess as to the property you will receive or if you want to risk a different property for a lower price. If you are accepted at $35-$40 but received a different hotel, would it be worth the savings?

If you go with hotwire please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your response. If I go with the extra room it will be thru HOTWIRE, because the risk of landing another hotel thru Priceline wouldn't be beneficial for us as we are all basically on the same itinerary for the whole weekend. I'll be sure to use the HOTWIRE link you provided. Thanks again.

PS: HOTWIRE now has the propery listed at 7 dollars lower per day than it was yesterday so it's a no-brainer to go that way should I decide to secure another room. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]