Hotwire Hotel: 2 1/2* in Cambridge

tootan
By tootan,
in

This is my first time on this forum and I am also new to hotwire. I am interested in a 2 1/2 * in Cambridge advertised through hotwire for Feb 9 - Feb 12 for four adults for $99. It includes a complimentary breakfast - no other amenties are listed. The tripadvisor rating is 3 1/2 with 40+ reviews. Also says the retail price is $129. I'm thinking that this would be the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge. Could it possibly be any other hotel? I want to be near the T so we don't have to do much driving so I'm a little nervous not knowing what I might get. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above property has not yet been identified. The Holiday Inn Express is a good guess, but i'm sure there are other possibilities as well (the Hampton Inn comes to mind as well). If the Holiday Inn Express is what you really want i would just book it directly from the Holiday Inn Express website for $123/nite. Once you add in HOTWIRE's booking fee to the above, you're at $105, a difference of only $18/nite (or less than $5 per person in your group) and i don't think an opaque purchase is worth the risk of getting a hotel that you don't want for that limited amount of savings. Please use our Holiday Inn Express link to begin your purchase if you go this route.

One other option, depending upon your 'comfort' level, is if you change your search from 4adults to 2adults/2children you will see other offerings in this zone, most notably a 4* for ~$133/nite (Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business... best guess is the Hotel Marlowe) which if correct gets great reviews and you can check to see if the location works well for you or not. Selecting 2adults/2children ensures enough sleeping accomodations for all of you... but you probably wouldn't want to have all 4 adults go up to the desk at check-in :) Not sure if the above is in your budget or not but mention it as an option since the reviews are very good.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know your thoughts and/or what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm interested in a 3* hotel in Qunicy Market/Financial District on Hotwire advertised for $89 for Feb 9 - 12. It says it has a fitness center, internet access, and a restaurant. It is rated 3 1/2 on tripadvisor with 80+ reviews. My guess is that it might be the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill. If anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above matches both the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill as well as the Club Quarters so either of those could be possibilities, but i think the Holiday Inn is a better guess and more likely of the two.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]