Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Palazzo

Diamond Dog
By Diamond Dog,
in

Hi - I used your Hotwire advice to get a fantastic deal on The Flamingo for the last 8 days of our Vegas marathon - I wonder if you can give me some advice about using Priceline to get a great deal on a slightly higher grade hotel for the first seven nights?

I'm looking for a room for two adults and two children, on The Strip, preferably from Palazzo/The Venetian/Treasure Island down to Mandalay Bay. I'd like a 4* or 5* hotel. I'd want it for 7 nights - from 16th July, checking out on 23rd.

I've no idea what prices I'm prepared to pay - although I currently have a reservation for The Luxor for this period, costing

First issue is how many rooms are you bidding for?

If only one, you need to know that priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel... they could give you a room with only one bed and/or charge for the occupancy over two (and some Vegas hotels charge as much as $15-$30 per person per nite over double occupancy... at the high end this could add $400+ to the cost of your room). Is this a risk you're willing to accept? (or were you intending to get two rooms)

If you're not willing to accept this risk there are other options, including HOTWIRE (which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy)... so let us know your thoughts and your maximum bid once you've figured out how much you're willing to pay for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if you end up at the Venetion or Palazzo they both indicate that their suites have either a king or 2 queens plus a pullout sleeper sofa. i may be using this type of arrangement when my brother, brother in law and myself take my newly 21 year old son to Vegas in may.

Note that the Venetian has almost always booked a King room for Priceline and HOTWIRE customers... there is an additional charge for a room with Queen beds (if available).

I would assume it's the same at the Palazzo, since their King bed room is a little less expensive than the Queen bedded room.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

have stayed at venetian at least 15 times through priceline and always received the king luxury room-king bed full size sofa sleeper.we have been upgraded a few times.my wife,myself and son stayed in the room at no additional charge.my son has had a freind with us and still no added charge.they knew 4 were in the room becaue we were all standing there at check in.i don't know about palazzo but i will know in march.hope this is helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've not followed this through because one can not guaranree quad occupancy with Priceline
Have your plans changed?

The North and South Strip zones are currenlty the only to offer 5* bidding, but the proper way to determine your re-bid zones is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and you should go thru that process before every bidding cycle.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Your most recent bidding with the $189 counter-offers were for 5 star bidding, correct?

It's not clear from your bidding (since you said "should have only bid for one")... are you willing to stay in either the North or South zone?

Why was adding the West of Strip zone a mistake?

Bid 21 July 08 (2 nights) - 5* North Strip $50. Refused

Added South Strip - bid $80. Refused.

Added Convention/UNLV Area - bid $105. Refused.

Added Downtown - bid $125. Refused.

No counter offers made on any of the above - indeed, they kept referring me to the set price hotel list they have.

Added West Of Strip - bid $140. Accepted!!! For The Palazzo. Total was $318.87 (including taxes etc).

Even if there's a $60 per night charge for the two kids, it comes to $440 for two nights for 4 of us at The Palazzo. I'm very happy with that!! Thanks very much for your help (yet again). I did bid through your PRICELINE link.

Now I've got to get The Luxor for five nights from the 16th for about $120 per night.............

These suites are going for $259 per night on The Palazzo website - a saving of $119 per night (plus taxes). Fantastic.

Interestingly, the terms & conditions on The Palazzo website are thus:

Limit 1 suite per reservation request.

You will receive a full refund if the reservations are cancelled no later than 72 hours prior to arrival unless otherwise stated in promotions or offer received.

A cash or credit card deposit of $150.00 per night is required upon check in for incidentals and the balance of room and tax for the remainder of your stay

All reservations requests must have the first and last name of the adult guest occupying the suite.

You must be 21 years of age or older to register a suite.

Valid identification is required upon check-in.

Non-confirmed rates are subject to change without notice.

Groups of 10 suites or more must call Group Reservations for more information at 1-888-283-6384.

Rates are based on double occupancy.

Additional guests (13 and older) are $35.00 per person, per night. $50.00 per person per night for concierge level

Limit of 4 guests per suite.

Check In time is 3:00 p.m. - Check Out time is 11:00 a.m.

A deposit of 1 night's room and tax will be billed upon reservation confirmation.

Rates do not include the applicable 9% Clark County Room Tax.

Preferred room type is on a request basis only. Actual room type assigned at check in.

The above rates are based upon your length of stay, if you alter your arrival or departure dates all rates are subject to change -----------------

Does this mean 12 and under (my daughters are aged 12 & 9) will not be charged extra, one wonders?

Congratulations on your win!

If you're fine with one King bed and your daughters can sleep on a pull-out couch you can probably arrange it so that there will be no extra charge (just don't have them go up to the desk with you at check-in time)... if you want 2 Queen beds you may be charged.

Glad to hear you were successful and will enjoy this property for at least part of your stay.

Now I've got to get The Luxor for five nights from the 16th for about $120 per night
Since you originally booked for 7 nites, if you are going to cancel and re-book, please use our Luxor link to begin your new booking.

Thanks, enjoy your stay(s).

Thank you. Will all of the king bed rooms have a pull out couch? If so, I'm sure they'll be happy with that.

I will use your Luxor link, if we decide to stick with that. I see the HOTWIRE price for those five nights is now $169. GULP... your Luxor link is $186 per night.

I'll bide my time and see what deals I can get/what HOTWIRE offers, between now and July.

Thanks for your help again - great site.

• 4 months later...

We completed our 2 night stay at The Palazzo, earlier this week.

A wonderful hotel - right from the help from the staff in the queue for check in (which was mercifully very short), one knew this wasn't just any old Strip hotel!

A quick run through:

a) The room (a bulk standard 'luxury suite') was fabulous - 720 square feet, with a sunken level last third 'living area', by the window. The first third was a very luxurious bathroom, the second, the king sized bed area, the last the sofa bed area. One small complaint- this bed was really only suitable for one person, so our other daughter slept on the sofa itself. She had two excellent nights sleep, and said it was really comfortable. It certainly looked it! There was a large desk with a fax machine, and three TV's - a 32" in the living area, 42" in the king bed area and a 17" in the bathroom. Very pleasant. Housekeeping was good, though we only really had one night to deal with them. I'm amazed that even in a five star suite one doesn't get a fridge, but this is well advertised, so just put it down to Las Vegas esoterics!

:) The hotel & shops are very swish, and very pretty. In essence, The Palazzo and The Venetian are one property, as one can walk freely between the two (they are joined).

c) the pool area is the real deal. At least seven pools of various sizes on the Palazzo side of the third floor pool deck (at the Strip side of the property) which links with the huge Venetian pool. Wonderful, although the thumping music from 'Tao Beach' at The Venetian pool was very intrusive. Is it really necessary? A small complaint - this is a fabulous feature, and one of the strong points of the property.

All in all, a really excellent Strip property. If you can pick it up for less than $200 a night, I think you'll be mighty pleased!

Again, thanks fo your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]