Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk North) Hampton Inn

TJB
By TJB,
in

Please help identify and/or confirm these hotels...

Dates: February 20-25, 2008

2* Riverwalk South $45 (I don't have a clue!)

3* Riverwalk South $89 (Best Western-Sunset Suites?????)

Suite, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, High-Speed, Laundry

2.5* Riverwalk South $79

Suite, Boutique, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Pool, Business, Laundry, High-Speed

2.5* Riverwalk North $69 (Hampton Inn on Bowie Street??????)

Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Laundry

Thanks for your help....again :)

We already bid up to $60 for 2.5* on priceline. I'm thinking if that one is the Hampton Inn for $69, Hotwire may be the way to go this time. What do you think?

Best guesses for each:

2* <no guess>

3* Best Western

2.5* Hotel Mimosa

2.5* has not yet been reported, but the Hampton Inn seems like a pretty good guess and seems to fit the 'clues' given

Since this is a 5 nite stay you may and the Hampton Inn has not yet been reported, you may want to see if the same hotel is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance of your stay. If so, you can purchase the first (or last) nite in order to "look behind the curtain"; if you're happy with the results purchase the balance of your stay... if not, make alternate plans for the remainder of the trip.

If you do choose to split the purchase in this fashion, please remember use our HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- click our HOTWIRE link to make the one nite purchase, if you happy with the results, return here and click our HOTWIRE link again to begin the second purchase)

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response.

I got the information for the Hampton Inn off of the hotel list on this website, but you said it hasn't been reported yet. What am I missing? Is there something else it is more likely to be? If we think that's the best option I'll try the first night/last night trick.

I'll be sure to let you know what we do and we will use the HOTWIRE link.

Oh, I can't figure out how to edit----I searched the forum and did find one post for the Hampton Inn. It also only shows up on hotwire for the full dates specified, so no go on the peeking. It does match the tripadvisor rating, but the savings amount would be way off. I'm guessing that's not reliable--the rates are $159-$169 on other websites, so $69 seems really great. I just want to be as informed as possible before taking the plunge!

Amenities were:

Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Laundry

It was strange that on hotwire it said it was only a 16% savings which was inaccurate.

We're pleased with the results.

Thanks for all your help. I'd never dare play the priceline and/or hotwire game without this board and your help. :)

Used the link through this site to get to hotwire!

This was Riverwalk North...sorry forgot to put that in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]