TPA Tampa Compact Avis

WPBdiver
By WPBdiver,
in

Addendum to this rental:

I just completed this rental through Avis in Tampa. Was given a PT Cruiser, however Avis has some very nice cars in the Florida market so as I normally do, I inquired about upgrades even though it was a Priceline rental. Sometimes I get the "you booked through Priceline and there's nothing we can change about you rental" to decent upgrade offers. I noticed the Pontiac Solstices and Saturn Skys on the lot and asked how much they would be. This very polite agent asked how much luggage I had. I told her I had one bag and a small carry-on. She said I'd be much happier in the Nissan 350Z dark blue convertible and she'd give it to me for $20/day (including taxes!). Awesome. I grabbed it.

Upon return to the terminal, there was a problem with the bill. The AVIS computer said I owed $221. Uh-oh. The manager then adjusted this bill down to zero and knocked my $60 upgrade fee down to $35. I couldn't believe it! This was the best deal I have ever gotten.

Thanks Better Bidding and the great Avis staff!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]