Priceline Hotel: Looking for Edinburgh Help

Jack Thomas
By Jack Thomas,
in

We have a few board members who can probably advise which area(s) might be the best, but in the meantime (just in case nobody responds) i'd recommend finding the location of the things you'd like to do during this stay, plot them on a map, and then see which zone contains most of the things you intend on seeing/doing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In Edinburgh, I like to be close to High Street (also called the Royal Mile). If not there, at least close to Princes Street. If you are in this general area, almost all Edinburgh attractions are quite walkable. (For reference, I think just about the very best located hotel is the Radisson SAS.)

Priceline's City Center zone, which includes this area, is quite large. So you may end up on the edge of town, and not in easy walking distance. I'm fairly sure that you would still have good public transit if you ended up on the edge, but I would fully investigate this angle first.

If you choose the West City Centre zone, you may be near two major art museums, but not much else. You should also carefully investigate the public transit options from there.

I would not recommend Airport/Southwest, but you could look into the public transit options.

I strongly suggest booking a backup option. The problem is that your budget is so low that it's just more than enough for two hostel beds. At this late date, you may not be able to book these, but look at the Premier Travel Inn and the Travelodges in Edinburgh. Also, the central Ibis hotel. You need to figure out the price of your lowest-priced acceptable option, so that you will have an idea about how much to bid.

My concern is that $100 is just not going to be enough (although it's possible).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]