Small hint for figuring out Priceline/Hotwire hotels

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

The very best method is reading what people have posted, if anything is available.

The next best method is to look at vacation packages and try to match the star level, and in the case of Hotwire, the amenities. This is not perfect, but it works reasonably well.

Another thing you can do is look at Expedia or other hotel booking site and try to see all possible hotels in the defined zone.

Here's another method, although it is of somewhat limited usefulness. Often, when people book a Priceline or Hotwire stay, they end up reviewing the hotel on TripAdvisor, and then they say in their review that they booked the hotel through Priceline or Hotwire.

So just do a search like this (using the TripAdvisor search feature):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo...;q=Hotwire+Rome

Then you get a bunch of reviews that have Hotwire mentioned in them, and many of them are Hotwire hotels in Rome.

You can also do a Google search like this, restricting the results to Tripadvisor.com:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Ho...r.com&meta=

Both methods have false positives, but maybe this will help someone.

I am still trying to figure out what the 3* hotel in Amsterdam is that I posted about on another thread, using these methods, and all the others, but have not succeeded. (It's not a big concern, because as I posted in that thread, I doubt it's a worthwhile deal. Now I'm just doing it for curiosity!)

• 4 weeks later...

The only problem with the Expedia angle, is that Expedia, doesn't do Intercontiental Hotel Group (holiday Inn brand), and you can get thrown, by that, when searching. But those are helpful hints.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]