Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

TJB
By TJB,
in

The rate on the Crowne Plaza site is $110 for these dates.

The Hyatt is $104, $104, $129, $129, $139, $169.

I thought I'd wait until two weeks before the third before bidding higher than $45.

Do you think I need to split my dates because it's for six days, bid higher, or be patient for a few days?

Thanks for your help!

It depends upon how much you feel you'd need to save in order to make splitting.bid and changing hotels worthwhile.

I do think you have a good chance so being successful at under $60 for this complete stay, but not sure what you're budget is and how much of an inconvenience you feel changing rooms would be vs. spending a bit more and not having to change hotels.

If you let us know your thoughts on the above we'll try to advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare--thinking about how much you could save by splitting bids is a good idea. If it's only $5/night even on five nights that would be only $25--not worth switching. $10/night for 5 nights--probably worth it to me, but that's assuming I would want to split Sun-Th and bid Friday separately. If you were to split what dates do you think would be most advantageous?

I know it's a guess, but do you think waiting until under 14 days will make a difference?

I'm also comparing this against a HOJO rate of $59 (sun-thurs). There's free parking there. With all the priceline bids you have to add $10-$15 more per night for fees. My mom doesn't want to walk, so with the price equal I was hoping for a 3* priceline with a shuttle (I know not guaranteed but likely). I'd bid Friday on Priceline if I went with the HOJO...I'll stop rambling and take any advice. :)

If you were to split what dates do you think would be most advantageous?
I would try going thru 2 bidding cycles... the first for 2/3-2/8 and then again 2/3-2/7.
I know it's a guess, but do you think waiting until under 14 days will make a difference?
I think it's the higher rates of the last 2-3 nites that are affecting your bid... not the time before your stay. Of couse those rates can come down while you continue to wait... or they could go up further.
With all the priceline bids you have to add $10-$15 more per night for fees
That sounds a bit high... it's usually more like $6-$7/nite, the rest if taxes which you would be paying on a traditionally booked hotel as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you know, even if you book a less than 3*, Anaheim has a resort transit system set up that costs $3 per person per day that runs by probably the majority of the hotels. It drops people off in the same place that the hotel shuttles go at the park. Hotels without a shuttle often just have their guests use this service. I am not sure what all routes the shutte goes to, but certainly it services all of Harbor Blvd. and probably all of Katella, too. It also goes to the train station, I think, and certainly to the Block - a popular local Mall/Shopping center type place. So likely you will be able to use this service if you end up somewhere that doesn't have a shuttle.

We booked one night in a three star in Disneyland area years ago. We ended up at the Marriott. I thinks the parking was over $20 a day! And we couldn't avoid having two cars that night... Fortunately we were able to talk them into only charging us one parking fee. I recommend people to book a nicer hotel somewhere else in OC and drive to disneyland and pay the parking fee at the park. The parking at hotels outside the Disney zone is often free.

Congratualtions on your win!

Looks like this turned out very good... you got all but the last nite at amounts lower than your previous highest bid and were given a reasonable amount when using the add-a-nite feature.

Glad to see it worked out well... hopefully you're happy with the results.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]