Priceline Hotel: Help!! - Required 2 1/2 or 3 * hotel in Willoughby

chids
By chids,
in

Hi,

Can someone help me? I need a 2.5 or a 3 star hotel in the Chardon, Willoughby area. I need a room near Chardon Rd. Willoughby Hills, OH 44094. This area is not in the mapped area in Priceline. Can someone suggest a good hotel either by Priceline or Hotwire & what should be the bid rate. I require the room from the 2nd of Feb till the 16th of Feb

Would appreciate any help in this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Chids

Welcome to BetterBidding!

On priceline this area appears to lie between the (Cleveland East - Mayfield Heights) and (Mentor - Painesville) zones. Would receiving a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of either (or both) of these zones work for your needs?

On HOTWIRE the address above is just south of the (Willoughby - Wickliffe - Mentor) zone... could you accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundary of this zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I have browsed through Priceline, but i am worried that the shaded area might give me some hotels which could be more than around 12 miles or so. I am looking for any decent hotel around 5-6 miles radius from my place.

Can you suggest me which areas & the possibilities of how much bid amt could give me a good deal?

I do not have a car, so plan to take a cab or something... so the cost factor definately should be kept in mind.

Nice site, I should say, quite helpful & gives apt info. Keep up the good work.

If you can't accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundary of the zone than you probably shouldn't use priceline/HOTWIRE.

There is no way to guarantee a hotel within a 5-6 mile radius of your location (assuming the zones through each service extend further than that)

If you need to book direct use our BetterChecker tool to assist in your research and please use the links in our support page to begin your purchase for whatever property you choose.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I checked out the links you provided, but most of them are above a $100 or so...coming back to Priceline, or Hotwire, if I do check out the shaded areas, can you please let me know which are the tentative hotels I might get & what should be the rates I need to bid at?

Waiting for your reply...thanks.

Chids

All hotles reported to the board would be found in the corresponding Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List.

This isn't a frequently traveled area so i suspect not many hotels would have already been reported to the board in either service... but we can still suggest a strategy to follow if you choose to go with priceline.

Even if a hotel isn't in the HOTWIRE list we can often help you ID it or come up with a few likely possibilities, so if there is something thru HOTWIRE within your budget feel free to post the zone, star rating, and amenities associated with the property.

That was quite quick.

I searched on Hotwire, got the following:

2-star hotel in Willoughby - Wickliffe - Mentor (1.5 - 11.7 miles from your requested location)

Hotel Amenities

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Do you need any more details? Which hotel could this be?

Somehow with earlier experiences, I am more comfortable with Priceline. Can you suggest me smeways to get a good deal, even if the hotel is a bit far (anywhere in the nearest shaded areas)

This is really of great help. Thanks a lot.

anywhere in the nearest shaded areas
If you let us know exactly which zones (by priceline name) you're wiling to bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, what is your maximum bid? Minimum star level?

As you previously mentioned 2.5* or 3* hotels, are you willing to pay more for a 3* vs. a 2.5* or is the least expensive 2.5* or better hotel what you're seeking?

Priceline Zones: (Cleveland East - Mayfield Heights) and (Mentor - Painesville) zones.

I am ready to pay around $50 as the max...But looking for smthg at around 30-40$ or so...to get a good deal.

Given a choice between a 2.5* a 3* i would choose them based on the distance...I am not looking at anything below a 2*...

Please help. Also suggest something in Hotwire...I might take a look at it as well

I am ready to pay around $50 as the max...But looking for smthg at around 30-40$ or so...to get a good deal.
Is that a $50 bid or a 'all-in' including taxes and fees? I have't begun to research prices for this stay, but previously you stated that all the hotels you found were $100+, so at under $50 this may be tough, and i would think that even above $50 it would be a 'good deal'.
Given a choice between a 2.5* a 3* i would choose them based on the distance
You won't know the distance until a hotel is won, but by then you'll already be committed to that property since once your bid is accepted you own the hotel room for that stay... so you wont' be able to decide based upon the distance.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]