South Beach 3.5* $99 Jan, Apr, May with extras

mrxow
By mrxow,
in

The place is called the Majestic. Apparently it is being reopened after a remodel.

I got a travel email today that mentioned a South Beach hotel for $99 per night for the months of January, April and May, so I thought I would check it out. I needed a hotel in south Florida next week. It looked like a good deal, so I thought I would post about it. I went ahead and booked it myself, as bids up to $80 for 3* next Friday night did not work.

The deal is $99 any night in January, April or May. This is for a non-ocean view room, so if all those sell out, you might have to pay $119 or more for an ocean view room. The ad said the price was $129 midweek in Feb. and March. Reservations need to be made by January 23rd. There are some blackout dates around holiday periods.

With taxes and fees, they charged my card just over $114. There is apparently some sort of $7.50 resort fee, too. By itself, this price may not be all that fabulous, but they claimed to offer some extras that caught my eye.

First of all, they said that free drinks at their sister hotel, the Carlton, were included. They also claimed that free VIP passes to area clubs were included. I'll have to see what value these passes have, but if we end up having a bunch of free drinks then get to check out a few clubs for nothing, that seemed to me to make the offer very good. My stay is on the 25th, so I will not be able to post about what I actually got until after the reservation deadline passes, unfortunately...

They also have free continental breakfast and beach towels and chairs (free if you ignore the resort fee...)

The travel email took me to a site called bookit.com I am not sure if it could be booked on another site where the board would get credit. It appeared some of the extras might only be available by booking on that site, but I don't know if that is true. I also don't know if there is a link to that site somewhere on this board. If there is, maybe somebody could make it known.

http://hotels.bookit.com/florida/miami/maj...hotel/#specials

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]