Priceline Hotel: Help needed for weekend trip

jbelle7435
By jbelle7435,
in

Trip Details:

Where: Poconos region but I prefer Bartonsville or stroudsburg, PA for a ski weekend

check in:01/18

check out: 01/20

Prefer (*3 or min *2) but at the best value

I did some research at the actual hotels and found prices around the 70-100+ range. If anyone could lead me in the right direction would be very helpful. Bidding as well.....

Hi, Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum budget per night?

Weekend rates are the highest during ski season and many of the hotels don't have problems selling out, hence they often don't have unsold inventory to offer on Priceline. I would avoid hotels at the 2* level in this area because you could end up at a dump. Beyond the Hampton Inn, the quality of hotel rooms in this area really falls off fast.

If you can nudge your budget a bit higher, the Comfort Inn which may be accessed through the support page has rooms for around $120 per night. The hotel is located in Bartonsville, close to Shawnee and Camelback. I stayed here last year and will likely go back, the indoor heated pool and hot tub is great.

you might do better in the Allentown area which has easy access to Blue Mountain, they have a 6 person chair lift this year.

Good Luck

I am a alpine mountain skiier, baby black diamonds

ahhh....those were the days.....I hit the slopes for the first time in MANY years last year, and I got the bug again....

you need to head up to Elk Mountain! Vermont skiing in PA :)

stay in Scranton for less.....

Where: Poconos region but I prefer Bartonsville or stroudsburg, PA for a ski weekend

We'll need a bit more info in order to help.

As you prefer the Bartonsville or Stroudsburg areas, are you willing to pay more to stay in those areas than the others? Also, note that Bartonsville is part of a larger (Tannersville - Bartonsville) zone, is anywhere within this zone acceptable?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

price: (min 60/night) or (max 80/night),before taxes and fees

(Tannersville - Bartonsville) zone is fine. Main reason is I done this trip 3 times already

1. Comfort inn around I remember 90ish/night

2. Comfort inn final price two nights for 265

3. Forget Comfort inn(price went too high), tried somewhere else I think it was motel 8 for 70ish a night same area

4. This time I want to maximize my money and stay in same location using priceline or whatnot.

Based upon your research what is your maximum bid per nite before taxes and fees?

yes but up to a certain point....My max and min values are not enough to answer that what I am willing to spend or your saying I gotta spend more than what I have displayed??
Let me try to rephrase the question... if you were to bid on your two preferred zones and were rejected at $60... would you then want to continue higher in just those two zones or would you prefer a less expensive hotel in one of the other zones in the Poconos region?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based upon your research what is your maximum bid per nite before taxes and fees?

Let me try to rephrase the question... if you were to bid on your two preferred zones and were rejected at $60... would you then want to continue higher in just those two zones or would you prefer a less expensive hotel in one of the other zones in the Poconos region?

1. ok....I don't want to bid higher then the best price I found listed below (67/night)

2. I don't want another region, I want Stroudsburg/ Tannorville area

-I did not bid yet.

-My plan right now is to use the super 8 motel because thats where I stayed last year and it was fine and in the right location for everything else

with the AAA discount it comes to 142 total after taxes and fees or [67.39/night before taxes and fees], tax: $8.09

-so I want to finalize this tonight. For some help should I start my bid around 50 and work my way up to 67 try to beat this deal. If not then I will not even bid and just make the reservation as is because that price sounds right to me

I guess my perfect plan is to get the super8 beating the AAA discount as well when I bid but if I can get a better motel at a better price that is why I am asking all these questions for help but I understand you need the info from me as well

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]