Priceline Hotel: 3* San Jose (Palo Alto-Mountain View)Hyatt Rickeys

honu
By honu,
in

First I tried for a 2.5* in Morgan Hill with a few free rebids through Freedom and Gilroy, but I couldn't find anything lower than $40. Then I tried a 3* or 2.5* in S. Jose South (the Residence Inn?). So I started bidding $31 and 3* . Rejected.

Added $2 Campbell/Cupertino. Rejected.

Added $2 and free rebid Redwood City (max 2* there).

Added $2 and Palo Alto/Mountain View, thinking that those are expensive areas, so the likelyhood I'd be accepted would be low. Dang! I should have chosen S.ta Clara/Sunnyvale, at least it would have been closer to where I needed to be.

The $37 bid was accepted at the Rickeys Hyatt in Palo Alto. Oh well...

Rather than add 'live' zones for re-bids why don't you just wait it out 72 hours? If you were more concerned with just getting it 'done' i'd recommend using $5 increments for your re-bids rather than $2... may cost you an extra buck or two but at least you'd have a better chance at being in your prefered zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel is kinda worn, actually plans to shut it down exist... but certainly a great deal at the price.

I wish I could remember the name of the place, but best inexpensive breakfast of my life was in a restaurant right across the street from this hotel. A little digging around and you might be richly rewarded! (Of course this was 12 years ago, but I still remember it!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]