Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chattanooga (Downtown) Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo

miaminemo
By miaminemo,
in

I am going to the Chattanooga area Feb 8-10th.

We are either going to go with the 3* in Chattanooga (which appears to be the holiday inn)

OR

We are thinking about booking a 3* through HOTWIRE in the lookout mountain area - but im not sure which hotels those might be. I did not see any posts on that area - does anyone have any insight?

Also - I noticed 2 hotels available on priceline for the same area - but no bid advice either.

Any experience on the lookout mountain area?

All hotels reported to the board would be found in the corresponding Hotwire Hotel List or Priceline Hotel List.

Is there a specific hotel you're seeing via HOTWIRE in the Lookout Mountain area that we may be able to help identify?

I noticed 2 hotels available on priceline for the same area - but no bid advice either.
Do you mean thru priceline's "retail product" (where the name of the hotel is shown and the price given)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On hotwire - there is a 3* located in lookout mountain. It has:

complimentary breakfast

fitness center

pool(s)

Laundry facilities

It is currently selling for $79 / night.

On priceline you are unable to big on a 4 star.

Priceline retail offers the Mariott Chattanooga Convention for 124, and the Sheraton Read House for 139 / night - however these both appear to be in the downtown chattanooga area, as when I try to do a name your own price on priceline, the 3 star option is greyed out unless I select downtown chattanooga as an area to stay.

These two pieces of information make me question whether the 3 star on hotwire is really in lookout mountain, or is it really just one of the downtown hotels.

Is there another route I should be looking at? Is this enough information to help deduce which hotels would be likely from hotwire?

Also - with priceline and hotwire - is there any method to determine if you will get a king, 2 queens, or 2 double beds? We would like to split a room with a friend, but his height (6'4) requires him to stay in a queen bed, so splitting a room would only be possible if we could get 2 queens.

Any insight is greatly appeciated, and if I book I will certainly use the links from this site.

Will

Priceline retail offers the Mariott Chattanooga Convention for 124, and the Sheraton Read House for 139 / night - however these both appear to be in the downtown chattanooga area, as when I try to do a name your own price on priceline, the 3 star option is greyed out unless I select downtown chattanooga as an area to stay.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the retail version to determine 'name your own price' results.
These two pieces of information make me question whether the 3 star on hotwire is really in lookout mountain, or is it really just one of the downtown hotels.
The hotel will be anywhere within the shaded region that you select, given that Lookout Mountain and Downtown are two different zones, if you select Lookout Mountain than the hotel will be in the Lookout Mountain zone (although note the boundaries of how the zone is defined, as it can sometimes be different than the 'city limits').
On hotwire - there is a 3* located in lookout mountain. It has:

complimentary breakfast

fitness center

pool(s)

Laundry facilities

This property has not yet been identified, but my best guess would be that this is the Country Inn and Suites.
Also - with priceline and hotwire - is there any method to determine if you will get a king, 2 queens, or 2 double beds? We would like to split a room with a friend, but his height (6'4) requires him to stay in a queen bed, so splitting a room would only be possible if we could get 2 queens.
No, you can't choose the bedding configuration. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discussion.

If you go with the HOTWIRE hotel above please use our link to begin your purchase. If you decide to go with priceline let us know and we'll suggest a stratety to follow.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Can you please add the star rating, zone, daily rate, dates, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thank you.

3 star in downtown chattanooga.

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]