Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades) Hyatt Place

WMae
By WMae,
in

I have been bidding on priceline trying to get the Renaissance with no avail. Now I'm aiming at the 2.5* on Hotwire which I believe is they Hyatt. The main reason I'm leaning toward this one is because of the free shuttle from airport and to cruise terminal (we are a group of 8 so cabs could be costly). I have the Extended stay booked as a backup and the rate is $164 a room. We need 2 rooms that will sleep 4 people so I think Hotwire is probably a safer bet than priceline to get 2 beds in each room. I really want a good hotel with a shuttle. Should I go ahead and secure the 2.5* for $139? Any other suggestions? Thank you for all your help.

What are the amenities shown to be associated with the HOTWIRE hotel you're being offered? Are you searching HOTWIRE for 2 rooms and 8 people?

It's actually listed as a 3* and the amenities listed are: complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center, laundry facilities, and internet access.

I've been putting 2 rooms, 4 adults; should I be putting 2 rooms, 8 adults? I've limited my search to downtown because we want to be close to shopping and restaurants.

Thank you for help.

should I be putting 2 rooms, 8 adults?

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accomodations for each person that you include in your search. The only way to ensure enough sleeping accomodations (beds) for each person would be to include them in your search. If you select 2 rooms/4 adults the hotel would within their right if you received rooms with only one bed in each.

Sometimes when searching for more than double occupancy in each room a different hotel will be shown and/or the price may increase. When searching HOTWIRE for 2 rooms/8adults does the same hotel still appear? Is the price the same? (or at least still within your budget)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can choose (although i'd discuss with your traveling companions first) to take the risk and book for just double occupancy and hope it turns out for the best OR find another option. Is the price still $175 if you search HOTWIRE for 2 rooms with 4adults/4children?

What is your maximum budget per nite per room?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 rooms 4 adults/4 children gave me $139. I also looked at the Hyatt Place website (the hotel I believe this is?) and the only type of rooms they have are a King and a Double/Double and both of them have a pull-out sofa so I'm thinking either I can go with the 4 adults/4 children option or 2 rooms with any number and some may have to sleep on a pull-out. What do you think? Is this a good price? Do you think it is the Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites)? Thanks.

2 rooms 4 adults/4 children gave me $139
Is this the same rate that HOTWIRE was originally offering? (when only searching for double occupancy)
Do you think it is the Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites)?
I'm having trouble connecting to HOTWIRE at the moment (not sure if this just this area but been having issues since this afternoon), so please bump this thread in a few hours if you'd like us to take another shot at identifying this property.

If you move forward before then please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

This property has not yet been identified, but in another post, it was indeed guessed to be the Hyatt Place.

Since the rate is the same for 2rooms/4adults as it is for 2rooms/4adults/4children i would first explain to the others in your group what you intend to do and make sure they're all "ok" with it and then book for 4adults/4children. Then at check-in just have one couple (or two) go up to the desk. This shouldn't raise any suspicions and if given a room with only one bed you have reason to have it corrected since the reservation called for quad occupancy (2adults/2children). If later anyone questions all 4 couples going up to the rooms (i'd consider this highly unlikely) just say "Oh, these are friends of ours who live in the area and we wanted to show them the rooms... our kids are playing together at their house now".

If you go this route please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us konw what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]