Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rochester Kahler Grand

burg0047
By burg0047,
in

I have booked the Country Inn South in Rochester on numerous occasions for approximately $75/night via Hotwire. Thinking I was getting the same booking again, I booked a room for Rochester for 1/10/08 to 1/11/08 on Hotwire. It turns out the booking was for the Kahler Grand. This propery is horrible. Read Tripadvisor or Yahoo reviews... the complainers are not exaggerating. The property is a dump... After checking in, we went to our room to discover a king bed waiting for us -- for FOUR of us! After finally getting a room with two beds, we had someone enter our room using a key while we turned in for the night! The walls in our room were mildew stained, and the toilet seat had permanent urine stains. The room was hot and couldn't be cooled down. If you don't value your money and don't mind staying in something that should have been cleaned up from top to bottom 20 years ago, go ahead and stay at this property. Otherwise, I would highly recommend steering clear and going another route for your Rochester stay if you can.

Can you please add the amenities HOTWIRE showed before your purchase of the Kahler Grand... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

I have booked the Country Inn South in Rochester on numerous occasions...
I can't seem to find any posts by you on the board reflecting your numerous Country Inn South wins :) I bet you'd be upset if somebody else won the Kahler Grand (which would have warned you about it before your most recent purchase) but just didn't feel like posting their win to the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please add the amenities HOTWIRE showed before your purchase of the Kahler Grand... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.
Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Hotwire has the Kahler Grand identified as a 3-star hotel. It may be 3-star based on amenities included, but it is NOT a 3-star based on quality or cleanliness.

I can't seem to find any posts by you on the board reflecting your numerous Country Inn South wins :) I bet you'd be upset if somebody else won the Kahler Grand (which would have warned you about it before your most recent purchase) but just didn't feel like posting their win to the board.
No idea how many of my stays I've posted on here during my membership. I'm sure glad I'm able to contribute to the community now by reporting this experience. Hope you are too. For the record, Country Inn South Rocheter is a wonderful property... unfortunately, I'm not certain it is available any longer via Hotwire.

Thanks for the follow-up.

The amenties above don't match that of the Country Inn and Suites, so that should have been the first tip-off that this wasn't that property.

Country Inn South Rocheter is a wonderful property... unfortunately, I'm not certain it is available any longer via Hotwire
Have you purchased the Country Inn and Suites as a 3* property... previous reports to the board report it as as a 2.5*. You can still review your previous wins (and report them to the board) by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link at the top of their home page.
No idea how many of my stays I've posted on here during my membership.
Which is why i provided THIS LINK.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't have a permanent account with HOTWIRE, but I've pieced together as many of my past travels for the Country Inn South as I could using email address/credit card info. Here is the info:

1 room booked July 19 to July 20, 2006 -- Rated 3 stars -- $68.00/night

2 rooms booked July 16 to July 20, 2006 -- Rated 3 stars -- $70.00/night

1 room booked August 3 to August 4, 2006 -- Rated 3 Stars -- $69.00/night

1 room booked November 1 to November 2, 2006 -- Rated 3 Stars -- $68.00/night

1 room booked August 30, 2007 to August 31, 2007 -- Rated 3 Stars -- $69.00/night

Every stay that I booked via HOTWIRE that I could find listed the property as a 3-star property. I've probably booked another 10 nights or so in the last 2 years, but directly with the hotel. Of course, there wouldn't be any rating then.

The amenity that I DO see with CISouth that is different from the Kahler Grand is the continental breakfast versus the on-site dining. I should have caught that. Guaranteed I will look more closely next time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]