Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Oahu (Waikiki South) Sand Villa Hotel

Menstral Gypsy
By Menstral Gypsy,
in

Was doing some research on a 1 night stay precruise January 22nd ( lurking around this board) gathering prices on internet etc.

Surprise! got an email from hotwire deals " price drop alert" so I followed the link to a $69.00 deal

south waikiki 2.5* showing beach, breakfast, pool, restaurant for $69. I have an Entertainment Book ( I will use the preferred link for future transactions when I don't have a coupon) which gives me a $10 hotwire mail in credit so my cost should be $59 plus deplorable taxes and recovery fees of 15.19 for a actual cost of 74.19

very reasonable as long as I don't get 1 of the rooms with the rats which have been occaisonally reported on the hotels reviews.

for fun I went back, same link, same hotel, now is $73

is there a method here or are they just trying to keep people guessing?

thanks for providing such a useful resource!

M.G.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you click our HOTWIRE link and then go to the 'special link' they ask you to use we should still <likely> get credit.

Can you clarify if the "Beach" icon is Near Beach or Beachfront? You can still view the amenities shown prior to your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems odd to me, either hotwire is making several property changes today, or they are doing a much better job of trying to "disguise" which properties are being offered.

I say this because there is nothing to indicate that the hotel I booked is the hot deal still being offered, price changed, icons changed, I didn't think I was hitting the bong that hard!

an example is that the hotel website shows free internet, that icon wasn't present when i made my booking. but it is there now, same as the laundry, the hotels website advertises coin laundry there was no icon before there is one now. There isn't that many low cost south Waikiki offerings so that makes me wonder. it Could however be a coincidence so it's is worth watching to see if there is a new trend developing. ( how many actually go back to check after they book?)

To answer your question it is a near beach location. the hotels website advertises room rate of $90.00 for standard so it is a significant savings for a 1 nighter and I'm happy as long as I don't have to sleep with any rats ( other than the ones I bring with me of course)

to use the Entertainment Book coupon I had to log on through the entertainment.com website /hotwire. but I will be pleased to use the betterbidding links when possible.

to use the Entertainment Book coupon I had to log on through the entertainment.com website /hotwire. but I will be pleased to use the betterbidding links when possible.

I understand that... but if you click our HOTWIRE link before doing so, we will likely still get credit since the HOTWIRE link at the entertainement card page isn't an affiliate link.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]