Priceline Hotel: 2/1 - 2/3 Vegas. PLEASE HELP

discountKING
By discountKING,
in

Including the North zone will give you more bidding opportunities as well as increase the number of hotels which could potentially accept your bid... although $100 for this weekend looks like it will be pretty tough.

This is super bowl weekend!

I just wanted to update everyone on the prices that I've been getting for the weekend of 2/1-2/4. That weekend about 2 weeks I was not able to find anything less than $200 but everday I've been bidding at priceline (via savingsbarn) and yesterday I bid $85 south strip 4* and the counter off I got was $130. I'm planning on waiting till this weekend to see how much more it will go down.

Has anyone else noticed the sudden price decrease that weekend? Should I go ahead and book or wait to see if it will decrease further??

Thanks!

I would think if you have been unsuccessful up to $200 and are now offered something at $130 or less that you would want to jump on it... what is prices go back up while you continue to wait for them to drop further?

If you have re-bid zones available i'd be using them to work my way up towards the $130 figure sooner rather than later. If you need help with this let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid, which zones you've already bid, when your last bid was placed, and your bidding history for that bidding cycle (if you recall).

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn PRICELINE links to place your bids.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Howdy if it helps, I'm working on the same thing. Already have the Orleans booked at a $315 total cost (with taxes, fees and "resort fee"). Been bidding, rebidding last few days...$139 is counteroffer (a few days ago it was $169). Also keep in mind that the Luxor has some soprt of email special at $150 for the 3 days ($450 + tax) and that's probably the lowest 4-star published rate (it's immediately payable and nonrefundable/adjustable)

Have gradually bid from $65-70ish up to $95 as I'm trying to stay at about the same cost as my existing Orleans res. So if bidding I would start around $80-90, use rebidding zones and the hybrids. Of course this could change as other stuff is cancelled (I have to do something by Sunday as my Orleans res must be cancled by late Mon/early Tues if I am, successful). Been using the SavingsBarn PRICELINE link.

FYI in case this is helpful.

ron

the Orleans is 1.5 miles from the strip, which zones were you bidding?

The Orleans is my cancellable back-up reservation (it's already sold out for Sat night the 2nd), which I've had since May 2007. As far as I can see, the Gold Coast (on Flamingo, offstrip and next to the Rio, which has 6 very regular shuttles to all the Harrahs properties) is available.

My aim was to bid for hopefully a LVStrip 4-star at about the same cost as my Orleans reservation and, if not, then stick with the Orleans res. Keep on getting $139/night counteroffers (my stay is 3 nights 2/1-4 so I'm guessing this rate is less than what you will get because you're not staying Sunday). Have gone as high as $105, which is pretty much my ceiling (would be a net of $40 more than my Orleans reservation and that's already a decent buffet/person, lol).

As far as the actual bidding, it is quite tricky, with the rebidding in the zones that don't have 4 stars and in hybrid combinations. For the latter, one wrong checkbox could mean disaster. I do include StripWest because I'd be thrilled with Palms/Rio.

With the 72 hour cancel policy taking effect Tuesday, I'm probably going to stick with the Orleans after a couple more bids (probably unsuccessful lol) tonight. Good luck...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]