Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

Desirees
By Desirees,
in

I have been trying to bid via Priceline for quite a few times, however they would not accept upto $179 per night which was my limit. Hotel website was $249 minimum and the cheapest I could find through travel sites such as i4vegas.com was $229 per night average. On 5/10 Priceline offered me $204 per night, when I checked Hotwire it was $205. Today I checked Hotwire and it gave me $160. I went ahead and got it since I did not want to wait...peace of mind I guess knowing I will be staying at the Venetian...

Hope I did the right thing. I might have saved more if I had waited, but I prefer knowing I will be staying at the Venetian, instead of hanging there.

Thanks,

D.

Hi Desirees,

I am watching for these same 3 nights, only my husband wants just the last 2 nights, June 7th and 8th, checking out on the 9th.

Last night, May 12th, the Venetian website was showing:

June 6 -Venetian website $199, Hotwire $192

June 7th - Venetian website $135 (Suite Special), Hotwire $170

June 8th - Venetian website $135 (Suite Special), Hotwire $133

I am getting impatient too. I did get our first night in Vegas at the Venetian on June 2nd for $99. But now I am trying to be patient and wait awhile before bidding the last 2 or 3 nights.

We have never been to Vegas before, so we are getting really excited! Hope you have a great trip!

Pomcoach :)

looks like you could get double the difference on the 7th and stay for $99.From the looks of those rates,you should be able to get the V for $99 or less for all nights on PL.You sure they have the $135 rate available at the V?

Pomcoach,

I just called the Venetian website and they are having a suite special rate for $143 6/6-6/9. Just thought I will let you know since you are looking for the rates. I however could not find the $135 rate on the website.

Also, to the others, do you think I have a chance at getting "double the difference" since it has only been 24 hrs since I booked the rates?

Thanks,

D.

Hi Desirees,

I am watching for these same 3 nights, only my husband wants just the last 2 nights, June 7th and 8th, checking out on the 9th.

Last night, May 12th, the Venetian website was showing:

June 6 -Venetian website $199, Hotwire $192

June 7th - Venetian website $135 (Suite Special), Hotwire $170

June 8th - Venetian website $135 (Suite Special), Hotwire $133

I am getting impatient too. I did get our first night in Vegas at the Venetian on June 2nd for $99. But now I am trying to be patient and wait awhile before bidding the last 2 or 3 nights.

We have never been to Vegas before, so we are getting really excited! Hope you have a great trip!

In this post

Sorry I didn't see this post last night. We went to a movie instead of me playing on the computer, which is my normal evening. Whoopee! :)

http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/sui...te_specials.cfm

Here's a link to the Suite Specials at the Venetian. Even though you will see, on the screen, 3 or so specific dates for these "Suite Specials", go ahead and click on the red "Reserve Now" box, and put in your dates. That's where I found the really surprisingly good rates.

Good Luck to you!

Let me try that link again for the Venetian's "Suite Specials." Don't know why it didn't work. I'm not so good at this stuff.

www.venetian.com/accommod...ecials.cfm

Well, anyway, if you cut and paste, it should work.

I just tried the first link I posted and it worked. The rates on there this morning Fri. May 14th are:

June 6=$199

June 7=$135

June8=$135

Hope that helps. It was for the Suite Special, Venetian Luxury 1 King Bed. I put in 2 adults, 1 child, but I don't think that matters.

Hoping someone else will help you with this double the difference thing, because I've never done that. But be sure to get the rate on your screen and then print off each page and save it as proof. I would think that's a start in this endeavor.

Hi Pomcoach,

Looks like we are on at the same time.

So here's the deal. After I called the hotel last night and they gave me a rate of $143 per night, I sent in the form for DD. However I was reading that people were printing off the rates as proof that the prices were lower and in this case Hotwire would need to call to get the lower rates. So, this morning I called Hotwire right after I posted the first email. Kim there assured me that I qualify for the DD, and she said that when the form gets sent it, there is a time stamp put on it. So all HW has to do is call the hotel and ask then what they were offering for the room at that time. She said since I put it in within 48hrs it should be all right.

At this point, I do hope I will get the DD since this is the first time I am using HW and want this to be a pleasant experience. Hope you guys get into V as well, if you see an Indian couple walking by in their early 30s, smile...thats us.

D.

I'd still print off each day as proof. I am very untrusting of strangers who make promises on the phone.

And if you see a couple in their 50's, frumpy wife with long dark hair, husband with white hair like Steve Martin, and pretty blonde mouthy teen-age daughter, that's us! Ha Ha!!

Have a great trip!

Hi!

Just got an email back from Hotwire, and they will be refunding me back $102. That was quick considering that it says on their website that it would take 3 business days for them to get back to me. I was also quite wary of the fact that I did not have any written proof of the special, and am quite relieved with the refund.

Vegas, here I come!!!

D.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]