Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan (Rio Grande-Humacao) El Conquistador

soso
By soso,
in

Was trying for the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort... bid 1/21 for up to $205 and got the El Conquisatodor, WHICH IS NOT LISTED on the 'non-opaque' site as a possibility. Had been having a lot of problems getting anything for 1/21.... was offered to extend my stay for $235 a night, but decided to risk it and tried for 1/20 via a new bid altogether. Scared would get a different hotel, so bid $210 and got the El Conq...

Probably cost me a lot extra in priceline fees.

I do have some questions:

Read a review on TripAdvisor that EL Conq had bed bugs. Do you think it's true? I am really scared about that? What to do?

Is there any way to request a higher floor (I think they are also renovated there) in the El Conq

1. Read a review on TripAdvisor that EL Conq had bed bugs. Do you think it's true? I am really scared about that? What to do?
  2. Is there any way to request a higher floor (I think they are also renovated there) in the El Conq
  3. Is there a "Wyndham" loyalty program that it makes sense to join to get benefits from staying here? I think this is a Wyndham property as well.

BTW. The property looks beautiful in the pictures. So I am really excited that we got this for our stay... except for the bed bugs if they exist.

Thanks for the additional post...

Nobody can say if a guest had a problem with bed bugs or if that was written by a competing hotel. If there is/was a problem, i'm sure it's not hotel-wide and it's hopefully taken care of... not something i would be pre-occupied with.

You can join Wyndham's "By Request" program at the top right corner of their website.

You can try calling ahead of your stay for any special requests you'd like to make and/or ask again at check-in.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]