Priceline Hotel: 3 or 4* In Quebec City

Maegus
By Maegus,
in

Hello everyone, been lurking for a few weeks.....and learning, but to summarize, I'm trying to finish a planned vacation in May to Canada from the Hudson Valley, NY. I'm already staying for 2 night at the Bar Harbor Inn, Maine- I stayed here 2 years ago at this time and they have fantastic 2 day packages in early May that include absolutely wonderful Breakfasts(2) and a dinner (lobster newburgh to filet mignons) for $250-300. From there I'm taking the high speed ferry to Halifax, Nova Scotia to stay at the Westin- a 4* hotel that I won on my first Priceline attempt at $90...guess I might have saved some $ here by starting lower, but cannot complain. Lastly, I need 2 days in Quebec city for May 11-13, I started out at $85 and all week I've been trying and now I'm at $100 for 3* and $110 at 4* with no luck yet, I'm envying those who stayed at the Hilton(4*) last summer for $75!! I'd like stay within the walled city, so I can just park and not have to load the kids up, but I beginning to consider Sainte Foy or Beauport??

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...stay at the Westin- a 4* hotel that I won on my first Priceline attempt at $90...
Please post your winning bid to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that this information will help others, just has you have been helped by the information others have posted before you. Then bump this thread and we'll have a look at and try to help with your stay above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you know of some event taking place in the city at this time? Rates are much higher than usual for these dates.. how high are you willing to go for a hotel within the 'Downtown' area?

Also, i apoligize asking for another follow-up but we'd like to make sure the hotel lists are kept accurate: can you confirm the star rating of the Westin in your Priceline Halifax thread... if this is indeed 4* by Priceline now that would be a new star rating for this property. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another failure at $110 for 3* and $120 at 4*. I decided to also include Beauport and Sainte Foy, but my bid at $70 for either 3 or 4* failed...perhaps something big is going on that weekend or maybe it's a bit early to start bidding into that town, maybe trying again next month??

• 1 month later...

thereuare asked if something special is going on Quebec City during your dates.

Well Quebec City celebrates the 400 year anniversary (1608-2008) of its founding by Samuel de Champlain.

You may want to check a Quebec city tourism site to see what celebratory events are taking place to schedule your dates.

Bon voyage

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster!

I just recently stayed in the old part of Quebec City for business. I stayed at Hotel Bellvue, rooms were small (very small), but clean, and you couldn't beat the location.

http://www.hotelstravel.com/North_America/...auBellevue.html

when I stayed, I got the room for $99 by directly calling. But as others have mentioned, perhaps something is going on during the time you are trying to book?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]