Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Atlanta (Buckhead) Springhill Suites Buckhead

findmeahotel
By findmeahotel,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The last 3 nites of your stay are $329/nite at the JW Marriott so i don't think you're bidding nearly enough for a chance at that property, and may have to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID if you're going to have a chance at this property... but you're still bidding substantially lower than we typically see this property accept bids.

What is your maximum bid for each star level? Are you using your re-bidding zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare!

I put in for 4* just to see if it would accept my offer. I know I'm underbidding. Then it offers me a second bid and that's when I request for 2.5*. Is that what you mean by re-bidding zones? I only want the Buckhead location. I see ATL Buckhead has gone between $36 to $48. The hotel I really want is Springhill Suites Buckhead. So, maximum I would want to pay for 2.5* level is $45. Does that sound ok?

Re-bidding is adding zones which only contains star levels lower than the star level you're bidding. When bidding the 2.5* level in Atlanta you have six such re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for more details... we encourage you to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding to make sure that you don't end up in an area you don't wish to stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not exactly...

Take this example:

Zone1 offers 1* and 2* hotels

Zone2 offers 1* and 3* hotels

Zone3 offers 3* and 4* hotels

Zone4 offers 1* and 2* hotels

Zone5 offers 2* and 3* and 4* hotels

If i want a 4* hotel in Zone5 and my bid is rejected. If i keep my minimum star level at 4 stars and add Zone1 (which only contains 1* and 2* hotels)... any winning bid would have to be in Zone5 since Zone1 does not offer any hotels higher than 2 stars.

Does that make sense? (if so, be sure to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding for your Buckhead stay)

Wow! Thereuare, the re-bidding process seems more complicated than I thought for a newbie! lol

Tried again on Jan 6th. I didn't bother this time with the 4*. Went ahead and only requested 2.5* in Buckhead. Got accepted on 1st bid of $40 and received Springhill Suites Buckhead. The other 2.5* that is often given by Priceline is Courtyard Buckhead which I would have also been happy with since it is often compared to a 3*. Anywhere in Buckhead is great since this is one of the nicest places in Atlanta, very posh and supposedly great for shopping compared to downtown ATL.

Springhill Suites Buckhead does not have many reviews since it is new (built in 2005).

Amenities

Great for a budget hotel with indoor pool, exercise room with tv monitors, complimentary breakfast, mini-fridge, microwave, 1 sofabed, non-smoking hotel (like all Marriotts), and free internet access. The hotel also has a free shuttle service within a 2 mile radius which is available daily between 7 am and 9:30pm. Since I will be downtown everyday at the Georgia Congress Centre, I will be using the shuttle to take me to the MARTA.

Paid $40 x 5 nights + tax = $238.38

Regular price for 5 nights (2 queen beds) including tax = $845.25

I called immediately after the bid and requested a room as high as possible with a great view. They seemed very friendly and confirmed I am already booked with two queen beds (which costs more than the standard Kingsize bed).

Thanks so much Thereuare! And just to note again, I did it through savingsbarn.com! :)

Congratulations on your win!

Re-bidding isn't really that difficult once you get the hang of it. The bottomline is that it saves you time by not having to wait 24 hours before each bidding opportunity, which is especially important when bidding close to your check-in date.

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]