Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan - April 19, 2008

iceggg
By iceggg,
in

Hi, this is my first post here and I must say, this is a terrific forum, keep up the good work!!!

My party and I (4 rooms total) is looking for a one night stay with details below:

Saturday April 19, 2008

Star Level: Resort

Priceline Region: San Juan

Max bid: $150

Three questions:

1) Can you provide a bidding Strategy

2) I have another group that is travelling with me that is considering stayinig an extra day in San Juan with an additional 4-5 rooms (8-9 rooms total). I know Priceline can take all these rooms with one bid all at once, but I'm not sure how the system works. Is it more difficult for the system to place 9 rooms all at once or should I separate it into two separate bids? And is the service fee a fixed charged (i.e. no matter how many rooms I book) so that I'm better off booking all the rooms together?

3) My fiance and I plan to stay till Tuesday April 22 (3 nights total). I know that after a successful bid, Priceline offers an "extend your stay" option. If I choose this option, can I extend one room only or must it be 4 rooms together? Second, is it better off for me to bid separately since I assume that the extra days I'm staying there (Sunday and Monday) are less busy and thus maybe getting the room at a cheaper rate? Is that a save assumption?

Thanks very much and appreciate your help.

G

Welcome to BetterBidding

1)Thereuare will be along shortly...

2)Yes PL can accept 9 rooms max.

Pro:- You are all in the same Hotel

Con:-Not enough PL availability

3)

PL T&C's for Extend your stay.

The number of additional nights you request cannot exceed the number of nights in your original reservation and you may only add nights to the beginning or end of your stay. If your priceline reservation is for more than one room, nights will be added to all rooms. You are unable to add nights to a single room of a multiple room reservation

3a) Possibly.

Note even if you get the offer to Extend your stay, it's not always successful

Rates are going to be different (and therefore suggested bidding amounts may be different) depending upon whether you choose to bid for all rooms for the one nite (4/19) or if you decide to bid for just your own stay (4/19-4/22). Please discuss with your group how you'd like to bid and we'll then suggest a strategy for however you would like to break up the stays.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the Resort level you have 4 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort San Juan...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected closse browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin each purchase.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]