Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Daytona Beach (South-Shores) Sunny Shores Resort

Uncle Freddie
By Uncle Freddie,
in

Hotel is 2.5 star in South Daytona Beach...$55 per night, retail is $99, stay is 5/10-5/12.

Yes, I used the link on this site!!

Amenities are - Beachfront, Comp Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Laundry, and Hi Speed Net.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably going to book anyway, leaving on a cruise on that Monday from Ft. Lauderdale, figured we'd drive all day Sat, check in on the beach Sat night, spend the day Sun and the morning Mon in the sand, then have a short drive to the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

This wound up being the Sunny Shores Resort, in Daytona Beach Shores. Total cost for both nights, tax included, was $106.

Nice little "old school" throwback to the 60's. Clean rooms, size is more than enough, the pool area is huge and right on the ocean. The two complaints that I have are:

1) If someone would have taken 15 minutes a day to clean the pool area with a blower, it would be perfect, especially for the price paid. It's not filthy, but, if you are a clean freak like I am, you'll notice that it's not "polished".

2) Hopefully you will not have the Parent of the Year there, with their group of 5 kids, all under 10, two of them not above 3, with NO supervision at the pool. Just bizarre. Ended up calling security. We left the pool area for dinner at that time, with another few couples of adults still there. Truly an indictment on society. Shameful.

When and if we ever need a place on the way to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area again, we will stay here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]