Hotwire Hotel: 3* Portland (Downtown-Convention Center) Holiday Inn

Fmr12B
By Fmr12B,
in

3* Best Value in Portland, Oregon ( Downtown-Convention Center) on Wednesday 01/2/08

Holiday Inn Portland Downtown

1441 Northeast Second Avenue

Portland, Oregon 97232

(503) 233-2401

Amenities Listed: Fitness, Restaurant(s), Pool, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, Internet access

Hotwire Price: $59.00 (with taxes and fees, total was $72.31)

Hotel's best internet rate was $109.00.

The shuttle which so many others on this board referenced to is no longer listed. Can a Moderator fix my title, I posted 2007 as I'm still stuck in the past but this was for 2008.

Thanks!

Thanks for the post.

We have edited your topic title as well as the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

Besides a Shuttle icon, a pool icon has also been associated with this porperty in the past, which you have no inlcuded above... can you confirm that this icon was not listed as well? You can still view the amenities by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Per HI's website they still run the free airport shuttle. They've dropped the shuttle icon on Hotwire but not the shuttle service.

It's too bad the shuttle icon is gone because to my knowledge the HI is the only hotel in Downtown Portland, either side of the river, that has a free airport shuttle. (Someone please post if they know others.) The MAX train from the airport to downtown is great but it's not for everyone. People who wanted that free shuttle service (which also picks up at the Amtrak station) could target the HI on Hotwire from the shuttle icon.

The HI's new set of icons are generic and could describe any 3* hotel in the zone.

What's also new at Holiday Inn is they charge $10/night parking now. Used to be free. Red Lion is up to $10 now and Doubletree is $18. The east side of the river is no longer a "free or cheap" parking area. It's still cheaper than parking at the core Downtown hotels though.

Thanks for the post, Fmr12B.

Enjoyed my stay!

The hotel has been completely remodeled so I think the reviews on Travelocity/Hotels.com are prior to the remodel.

Stayed on the 7th floor and the view was quite nice.

Parking is $10, but metered street parking is available and I'm sure you could park in another businesses lot but with rental cars at PDX being so cheap $10 is not too bad. ( I paid $32 with tax for a AWD Impreza as I booked a Sebring sized car from Dollar rental cars website)

The Airport shuttle vans exist, there are 2 as this hotel had a ton of Airline pilots staying at it as it's reasonable in price and very close to downtown and things to do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]