Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Charlotte (Airport CLT) La Quinta Inn

CarmieJo
By CarmieJo,
in

When we checked in this LaQuinta the first room we were assigned to had feces smeared on the toilet seat and we were immediately moved to another room. Like many hotels they are now providing feather pillows. Unfortunately my husband is allergic to feathers and unlike any other hotel we've stayed at they did not offer the option of non-feather pillows. There were no toiletries other than bar soap in the bathroom. When I showered the first morning I used the last of my shampoo. Like every other hotel they had a little sign in the bathroom that indicated to ask at the desk if you had forgotten a toiletry. When I asked I was informed that they did not have shampoo.

While looking for a number to let Hotwire know that, based on other Hotwire 2.5 star hotels we have stayed at, this is not a 2.5 star hotel I found a rating chart. Their own chart mentions LaQuinta as an example of a 2 star hotel. I called Hotwire and told them that this was not a 2.5 star hotel based on our stay and their own literature and was told that they would have it re-evaluated. When I pointed out that their site says that LaQuinta is a 2 star hotel the representative advised me that this particular hotel was 2.5 star.

Today I received this response:

"Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn

Charlotte Airport North. We sincerely apologize the hotel did not meet

your expectations. Customer feedback helps us ensure our properties

continue to meet the high quality standards we expect from all of our

partners. After receiving your feedback, we re-evaluated the La Quinta

Inn and are confident the 2.5-star rating accurately reflects the

service level, accommodations and facilities of this property."

I do not believe that they could have visited the property and must have only been going on what the hotel says. I would recommend avoiding this hotel!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]