Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Caribe Hilton

dandy
By dandy,
in

I have been bidding for a hotel room in PR for about 2 months now with no success. I need one room two nights before a cruise on Feburary 4th/2008. Bidding for Feb 2 and 3, out on the 4th. I have been bidding resort SJ $125, then add 3 star for $90, then add Cabo Rojo, $95, then add 2 1/2 star for $100 then add Ponce for $110. So far no takers. Am I bidding in a reasonable way? Is there a special event going on the PR that weekend? I do have a backup reservation so if all else fails, I will have a place to stay. TIA. Don

Sorry, I should have said that I bid first for a resort property in San Juan, and went on with the other bids to continue for rooms in SJ other than resort. My backup is the Coral Princess Inn for $125/night + taxes, total $315.34. I'm just trying to beat that with a nicer or less expensive property. I definitely want SJ accomodations, not outlying. TIA. Don

I don't see anything currently which can beat your current back-up rate, but i would sooner take your back-up hotel in San Juan than bid the outlying areas (unless you're looking to stay in those areas)

Thanks for the reply. With my bidding, I think I am only going to get a room in San Juan. The rates I am bidding are for resorts, 3 1/2 and 3 star properties, and I don't think they are available in Ponce or Cabo Rojo. But, that strategy allows me to get more bids in in a 24 hour period, right? Don

Yes, you are correct... i didn't look at the zones and didn't get from your post that you were only using them as re-bid zones.

However, don't forget to check them before each round of bidding, as hotels are added/removed/upgraded/downgraded all the time.

Keep us update as to your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys...I just got a bid at the Caribe Hilton for $125/nite for 2 nites. I was bidding for the last two months and finally got it today. Had a backup site at the Coral Princess and just cancelled it. Your web site is GREAT. Thank you so much. Don

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]