Honolulu Car Hire

darioc
By darioc,
in

Ok. Il go with the cheapest - economy

Any 2 days will be ok.

Not sure about pickup time. I guess if the hire car company is near waikiki 9.30am should be ok.

How should i bid?

I went into the page and i noticed a disclaimer how the price does not include insurance. how much is that normally?

Iv got travel insurance which covers the excess for an insurance claim on hire cars therefore a higher excess would suit me better.

That also means i wont be able to pick it up at the airport and drop it off in waikiki.Right?

Even still that should be ok but may change my dates around.

New dates are 2/18 pick up at 930am

or 10 am pick up on 2/22

Do you have any idea on the insurance cost(approx) when i pick it up since iv found a car using conventional methods where i can pick it up in waikiki for $40 including tax and insurance. Is that a good price compared to what i can find on priceline?

The insurance cost will depend upon which rental agency accepts your bid.. i've experienced it range from $12-$28 per day.

You can do some 'sample searches' at the car rental websites and see how much the insurance is. Also, keep in mind that in Waikiki you'll likley need to pay for parking if you hold the car overnite, so that is an added expense of having the car for 2 days vs. 4 days.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I never wanted the car for 4 days. Those dates i gave are only pick up dates to work around my flights in and out so i only have to go to the airport once emptyhanded.

I imagine in hawaii there is no street parking allowed?

Not sure if priceline works out good compared to my quote of $41

Priceline taxes and booking fee $8

Priceline price say $12

Priceline insurance say $15

Shuttle bus to airport one way $7

Total price $42 and add inconvienance of going to the airport to drop it off

Im i missing something.What do you think?

It's a 30 minute trip from Waikiki to HNL Airport, so you wouldn't want to take a shuttle to the airport, then shuttle from airport to car rental agency, then drive back to Waikiki... i think you're looking at close to 2 hours by the time it's all said and done.

I think you're better off renting by the day, and then not worrying about the cost of parking nor the time wasted back and forth to the airport.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since priceline only rents from the airport, i thought the decision came down to:

1) renting for your complete stay

2) taking the shuttle to the airport, shuttle from airport to rental agency, drive back to Waikiki

3) taking the $40 option you found

Above i was stating that i dont' think #1 or #2 are good options.

Not sure who the $40 rental is thru, but if a major rental chain, please check our support page under the "Car Rentals" section to see if we have a link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]