Priceline Hotel: Downtown Chicago

premieresba
By premieresba,
in

I live in the Chicago area but since the cost of travel is so expensive, I would like to stay downtown for a few nights with the family. Since there are 4 of us including 2 teenagers I thought we should go for 2 rooms.

I would like to stay in the downtown/RiverNorth/Mag Mile area so that we are relatively central to everything. The dates I am looking for would be 12/26 - 12/29. Although we are flexible.

I would like to pay no more than $100 per room per night although I would like to start as as low as to allow a possibility of being accepted.

Do you have any advice on a bidding strategy?

Thanks

Robin

I do think you have a good chance at winning a 4* at $100 or less so we can start with that.

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above matches the Westin, Drake, Swissotel, Millennium Knickerbocker, and the Ambassador East... any of these (or some other not yet reported property) are possibilities, but i'd think the Ambassador East is the most likely and our best guess.

Did you see the 4* hotel, also in your budget, in the MagMile-Streeterville zone? (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business) That is a match for the Inter-Continental and the Sheraton, but i think the Inter-Continental is a better guess of the two. Would this property work for your needs?

Do you want to go with one of the above or continue to bid on PRICELINE?

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make thru HOTWIRE.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]